Re: My Incredible keeps rebooting in a loop!!!
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
@SergeantEvil
Message #12 is the one marked as the solution by the original poster.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vanessas_vzw
Verizon Employee

Good afternoon.

If your device starts rebooting when you play games or watch videos, it may be that the memory is full.  We recommend you clear the Temporary Internet Files regularly, and then restart your device.  For the steps to clear the Temporary Internet Files, please click here .  Again, when all files are cleared, please restart your device.

If this does not resolve your issue, please send me a Private Message and I will be happy to assist you.

Thank you,

0 Likes
bradinc

I'm in a continuous boot loop after the battery died completely while surfing the web.  I pulled the battery, put it back in, and then let the phone charge...  and it's still doing it.  It only gets to the first HTC Incredible screen, sits there for a few seconds, then reboots.

Any ideas?  I've heard of so many Incredibles having issues, I'm ready to throw it against the wall.

0 Likes
prplppletr

A little over a week ago, my Incredible that had been working fine for about 7 months or more started doing this. When I called support, they sent out a new phone, which I received on Tuesday, July 26, 2011.  I activated this phone and it instantly went into the same issue. Constant reboot.  I've gone into safe mode...reboot loop.  I did a factory reset...reboot loop.  Reformated my microSD...reboot loop.  Took out my microSD...reboot loop.  Tried a new microSD...reboot loop. Nothing seems to work.  I took it to my local Verizon store, yesterday, and the manager wouldn't even help me, he just told me to contact support, which I'm getting ready to do, I was just checking the community to see if there were any other "answers." 

A Google search finds that this is not an uncommon problem, so I'm surprised that no-one really seems to understand what the deal is.

0 Likes
budone
Legend
Did you try without the SIM card?
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

budone wrote:
Did you try without the SIM card?

SIM card? Since when did the Dinc1 have a SIM card? Although I think you meant the SD card instead.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
hachii

I am also having the same issue as all the other individuals on this forum. I have been very tolerant of this issue and just dealing with removing the battery and waiting for it to cool before putting it back in to use. I've done several factory resets before but the solution only works for 2 weeks at most before the rebooting happens again. I've come to a point where I have no additional apps besides what came with the phone and it still happens.  I've gone to the VZW stores and they have said they could not help me. 

At this point I think my phone is finally dead. The Hard reset does not work anymore, as in it doesn't even occur when I hold the volumn down button when I start the phone. And now once in the phone, it is stuck in an endless loop with an error message that says "Sorry, the application HTC Sense (process com.htc.launcher) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." That message is in an endless loop and I can't even go to the main menues.  

I am ready to throw the phone into the wall. 

0 Likes
valvegod

Yours and Thousands of others have the same reboot loop issue!

My Wife has received 2 referbs from Verizon and they have both had the same issue.  It seems they work for a little while then go into constant reboot loop. It seems to be heat related, but who knows for sure. She has removed all applications, and reset to factory settings which has been their solution to the problem. Last week Verizon now said it was a battery issues, and sent her a new battery.. Installed new battery tonight, and the issue is still the same.  Verizon will not admit there is a problem, but do a Google search.. The Forums are filled with thousands of customers with the same issues.  They had told her that her phone is now out of warranty, even thought they have replaced it twice and it would cost her to change out again, or replace with a different model.  THESE PHONES ARE JUNK!!  What happened to customer service, and receiving what you pay for.. A WORKING PRODUCT. If I sold a product like this through my business, and didn't support it I would be out of business.  Besides I could not sleep at night lying to customers day in and day.

0 Likes
ToniBWOLF

The Safe Mode solution did not work for my Incredible. Six apps did automatic updates, then my phone crashed. It's been stuck in a boot loop ever since. Are there any other solutions? Or will I have to replace my phone?

0 Likes
budone
Legend

ToniBWOLF wrote:

The Safe Mode solution did not work for my Incredible. Six apps did automatic updates, then my phone crashed. It's been stuck in a boot loop ever since. Are there any other solutions? Or will I have to replace my phone?

You are going to have to do a master reset.

0 Likes