iPhone 4S - Price
RickHaigler

What is going to be the cost of the iPhone 4S with a new 2-year contract? What about the iPhone 4 cost?

Thanks

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPhone 4S - Price
skiokemo
Enthusiast - Level 2

$199 16g iPhone 4s

$299 32g iPhone 4s

$399 64 g iPhone 4s

$99 8g iPhone 4

View solution in original post

0 Likes
skiokemo
Enthusiast - Level 2

$199 16g iPhone 4s

$299 32g iPhone 4s

$399 64 g iPhone 4s

$99 8g iPhone 4

0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
Is the 8 gig 4 phone new?
0 Likes
Trekkie2063
Enthusiast - Level 3

gina7289 wrote:
Is the 8 gig 4 phone new?

It's the same iPhone 4 from last year, only with 8 GB instead of 16 or 32.  But it is new in the sense that it just now became available in the 8 GB version.

0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
Thank u is there any full retail. Prices for these. I know its going to be costly.
0 Likes
ggkid71

I've had my iPhone 4 since Verizon started sell them.. I just checked my eligibility on Apple's site and it came back with the following for pricing since I'm not eligible for upgrade until 10/7/12..

iPhone 4S 16GB - $649

iPhone 4S 32GB - $749

iPhone 4S 64GB - $849

Not sure if this is what Verizon will be charging us or not. But if so, I'm a little confused why we'd have to pay $450 more than the contract price.. At that rate, it would make sense to add a line to get it and then cancel it for a $350 ETF to save $100, wouldn't it?? Am I wrong in my thinking??

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

ggkid71 wrote:

I've had my iPhone 4 since Verizon started sell them.. I just checked my eligibility on Apple's site and it came back with the following for pricing since I'm not eligible for upgrade until 10/7/12..

iPhone 4S 16GB - $649

iPhone 4S 32GB - $749

iPhone 4S 64GB - $849

Not sure if this is what Verizon will be charging us or not. But if so, I'm a little confused why we'd have to pay $450 more than the contract price.. At that rate, it would make sense to add a line to get it and then cancel it for a $350 ETF to save $100, wouldn't it?? Am I wrong in my thinking??

why wouldnt you beleive it?

you have a contract and cannot get a new contract price until yours is up

0 Likes
ggkid71
"why wouldnt you beleive it?

you have a contract and cannot get a new contract price until yours is up"

That is not what I don't believe... My point was that from a business perspective, it didn't make sense to me that the retail price wouldn't be at the "breakeven" (contract price + ETF) point, thus preventing people from adding on new lines and cancelling them just because they want a new phone and don't want to pay an extra $100 for it. I'd think that it would be easier on the books if they didn't have people doing this. That was all.

I fully understand a contract and its obligations. I also understand what forums are supposed to be used for. To help other users. Wise cracks are not helpful!

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

ggkid71 wrote:
"why wouldnt you beleive it?

you have a contract and cannot get a new contract price until yours is up"

That is not what I don't believe... My point was that from a business perspective, it didn't make sense to me that the retail price wouldn't be at the "breakeven" (contract price + ETF) point, thus preventing people from adding on new lines and cancelling them just because they want a new phone and don't want to pay an extra $100 for it. I'd think that it would be easier on the books if they didn't have people doing this. That was all.

I fully understand a contract and its obligations. I also understand what forums are supposed to be used for. To help other users. Wise cracks are not helpful!

from a business point they dont have to do anything while your under contract

also they have a contract with apple, and we dont know what that allows them to do

but apple being apple, it most likely does not let vzw do much

editing

as for wise cracks.  its because 99% of the people that want something like this are apple users

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

ggkid71 wrote:

iPhone 4S 16GB - $649

iPhone 4S 32GB - $749

iPhone 4S 64GB - $849

This was debated numerous times with the first release...people trying to find the cheapest route to get the iPhone without having to pay the full retail. You would technically pay about the same or more if you consider the initial cost (let's say you got the 16 GB): $199 for the phone. Whatever the first bill would be for the added line or new line. $350 for ETF. Taxes. Activation fee if applicable. As far as why you have to pay $450 more than the contract price...it's because you aren't eligible for an upgrade. That's with any device you purchase with Verizon/ If you're not eligible for an upgrade yet then you have to pay full retail. You can try all kinds of other methods to get around it. Find someone with an upgrade that doesn't mind letting you use it. Find someone interested in having Verizon but would be willing to take your iPhone 4 and let you get the 4s on their account. Sell your iPhone 4 and use the proceeds toward the full retail price of the 4s. Pay full retail and call it a day. Wait until you're eligible.

0 Likes