Droid 2 Home button does not work.
droid_problems

Hey guys my home button has not been working for quite some while and i have finally come to ask for your guys advice....Also my texting was screwing up but i think i may have fixed it. Thanks guys if you can help please dooooo....Thanks again. 

0 Likes
Re: Droid 2 Home button does not work.
Wildman
Legend

Are you using any 3rd party launchers like ADW or Launcher Pro because these apps have a option in the settings to change the home buttons default setting??

0 Likes
droid_problems

Do you mean such as rooted? No i have a stock phone and im not sure what to do...Thanks for the reply tho i really appriciate it.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

No this has nothing to do with rooted, you can download replacement home launchers from the market and these apps have a option to change the home buttons default options, the app Widget Locker also has a option for this also..  Any of thes apps installed could have changed the default...

When you press the home button what happens?  This will help to know if a app has changed this setting..

0 Likes
droid_problems

When i press the home button nothing happens at all...

0 Likes
JoeL_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you Wildman for your replies.

@droid_problems

You not being able to use the Home button is a huge inconvenience. When did this start? Was it after an application was downloaded? Please restart the device in Safe Mode and retest. This will help determine if it is being caused by an application. If it works in Safe Mode try deleting any new applications that were downloaded.

Was this the caused by liquid or physical damage on the device? Any other keys not working? If you have removed and reinserted the battery and retested. Please back up the device and Hard Reset 

Thank you

0 Likes