iPhone 5 - Price estimate?
addude13

Can't wait -- eligible for 2-yr. discount in mid-October, HATE my Droid (it's an old refurbished model).

What did iPhone 4 retail for when it hit the market? (Is that relevant?)

Anybody's best guess on the iPhone 5 price?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 5 - Price estimate?
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

addude13 wrote:

Can't wait -- eligible for 2-yr. discount in mid-October, HATE my Droid (it's an old refurbished model).

What did iPhone 4 retail for when it hit the market? (Is that relevant?)

Anybody's best guess on the iPhone 5 price?

iirc the price on the iphone 4 on vzw has not changed

figure at least 199 for 16gb and 299 for 32gb

maybe ad 50-100 because apple know people will pay for it

0 Likes
Re: iPhone 5 - Price estimate?
sdlaw
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would almost guarantee it will be $199 and $299 for Iphone 5, 199 for less memory, 299 for more.  I'm guessing it will be 32 G 199 and 64 G for 299.  That's with your upgrade.  Full retail is some obscene price like 500 or something for the cheaper model.

Apple has charged the exact same price for every new phone the last 3 years and with competition from android I'd be very surprised to see them raise their prices.  However, if they introduce an Iphone 4S and an IPhone 5, the 5 could be a little more, although I'd just anticipate the 4S being substantially cheaper with the 5 remaining at the normal pricepoint.  Current reports indicate that a two phone release is probably unlikely.

Apple is announcing it on Oct 4th but most reports are pointing to an actual release date of Oct 14th.  This would be in line with their previous releases.

0 Likes