iPhone contract renewal
Cjaymccain
Are version going to do the contract renewal like AT&T every year the iPhone comes out u have a option to pay new contract price but u have to renew your contract is Verizon gonna do the same????
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPhone contract renewal
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

Cjaymccain wrote:
Are version going to do the contract renewal like AT&T every year the iPhone comes out u have a option to pay new contract price but u have to renew your contract is Verizon gonna do the same????

Hi Cjaymccain,

Yes, if you are eligible for an upgrade, then you would need to accept a new two year customer agreement to get the discounted price on the purchase of a new iPhone or any phone you select as your upgrade. This option is given to you when you upgrade.

If you are currently under a contact, you would be eligible for an upgrade after 20 months into your agreement. If you would like to find out when new phones are being released, please sign up for email alerts at this link

View solution in original post

0 Likes
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

Cjaymccain wrote:

Hi Cjaymccain,

Yes, if you are eligible for an upgrade, then you would need to accept a new two year customer agreement to get the discounted price on the purchase of a new iPhone or any phone you select as your upgrade. This option is given to you when you upgrade.

If you are currently under a contact, you would be eligible for an upgrade after 20 months into your agreement. If you would like to find out when new phones are being released, please sign up for email alerts at this link

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Cjaymccain wrote:

If you are asking if you can get the discounted price on an iPhone, say in February 2011, when it was first released on Verizon, and then get the discounted price on another iPhone when it is released, say in February 2012(this date is for demonstration only), then the answer is no, because you would have only completed 12 months of your 2yr contract. To get the discounted price, you have to complete 20 months of your 2yr contract.

Because of this, if a new iPhone is released every 12 months, you will not be able to get the discounted price for a new iPhone every 12 months. I assume that this is your question?

0 Likes
Cjaymccain
So I jus recently got o. Verizon with the iPhone 4 abt 2 months I'm not elgible for it?
0 Likes
Cjaymccain
Yes and do you know the full price
0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Cjaymccain wrote:
So I jus recently got o. Verizon with the iPhone 4 abt 2 months I'm not elgible for it?

I am going to try and translate your question into "I recently signed a contract on Verizon with a new iPhone 4 about 2 months ago. Does that mean I am not eligible for a new iPhone if it is released on October 4?"

If this is your question, then you are correct and you are not eligible for an upgrade with discounted pricing.

You can, however, purchase a new iPhone at full retail price. Prices of iPhones which may or may not be released in the near future are not know at this point. Current retail prices of the iPhone are $649.99(16GB) and $749.99(32GB).

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Any questions like this should probably wait until the next iPhone is officially released. As mentioned, if history proves anything Verizon will adhere to the same upgrade policies it always has...after the return/exchange period has passed you are not eligible  for a discounted/subsidized priced phone until 20 months has passed. Will there be a special exception for iPhones like AT&T used to do? No one will truly know until the iPhone is announced and Verizon announces their plans (if those interested in upgrading are lucky maybe VZW will offer this but if they don't current owners can't really be upset. They already knew how Verizon handles upgrades so they shouldn't expect a special exception just because a different company chose to do it. I don't say this to annoy anyone. Honestly, I might consider upgrading to the next iPhone if truly motivated and sure, I would love to not have to pay more than double the retail price to do so, but if it's truly that important to me to upgrade out of the iPhone I haven't had  for even a year then I'll pay what is required to do so). We'll start getting a better idea of what to expect on or around October 4th after Apple has their press conference announcing whatever is coming. Remember, rumors range from a slightly (or significantly) better iPhone 5 model to a cheaper "base" model...point being, before you start trying to figure out how much you're going to have to pay to switch to the newest release it might be a good idea to see what exactly is being released. Just a little food for thought...

0 Likes
galaxie500fb
Contributor - Level 2

My current phone is a DROID X and i purchased it the day after it`s release in july 2010 which was only 15 months ago but since my line on my family plan is the primary one i am entitled to an early upgrade at discounted pricing. Actually i was eligible after 14 months. I haven`t used the upgrade because i`m waiting on the announcement of the upcoming iphone 5.

0 Likes
GeneGJr554

are there any posts between 2016-2019?

0 Likes