Vodafone NL??????
jtony09

My Incredible 2 just now started to sport the Vodafone NL on the screen with no Verizon. Calls are still able to be taken, but I cant receive any texts or use the internet or anything. What is this and how do I make it stop?

0 Likes
Re: Vodafone NL??????
21stNow
Master - Level 1

It's a little late now, but take it into a VZW store.  I don't think that's something that we can help with.

0 Likes
Not applicable

jtony09 wrote:

My Incredible 2 just now started to sport the Vodafone NL on the screen with no Verizon. Calls are still able to be taken, but I cant receive any texts or use the internet or anything. What is this and how do I make it stop?

What a strange occurance! Thank you for posting. In order to resolve your issue please PM me your mobile telephone number so I can research your account and get you an answer? Thanks.

0 Likes
reedda

What was the resolution to this issue? My phone started doing this a couple of hours ago.

Thanks!

0 Likes
nick02351

My phone just started doing this too.  Was it ever resolved??

0 Likes
melexay
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is actually simple to fix. My girlfriends phone was doing this a bit ago. After a bit of tinkering I found this to work.

1. Shut down your phone

2. Carefully remove the battery cover and battery from the phone.

3. Using a toothpick or something similar, depress the clip holding the Verizon/vodafone sim card in place and remove the card.

4. Replace your battery and turn the phone back on.

5. Wait about a minute, the phone may display a message saying somehting along the lines of "no sim card found, switching to CDMA" or something similar.

6. Turn the phone back off, remove the battery and replace the sim card

7. Completely re-assemble the phone and turn it back on.

8. Your phone should now show that you have Verizon as your carrier and all your phones functions should be restored.

Hope this works as well for you guys as it did for me.

I assume this is some sort of error with the phone recognizing which network is its default carrier. I also assume that verizon has some ort of deal with vodafone, a carrier in the Netherlands, that allows some of there phones to access vodafones gsm network if the verizon customer happens to be travelling. That would explain why they have a vodafone sim card in some of these phones.

Anyway, good luck.

nyteshade1

Melexay ... Dude!   Worked like a charm!  Thank you so much for the valuable info.

0 Likes
gumby65

The same thing just happened to my Droid 2. Is the battery "reboot" sugested above still the way to go?

Very weird!

0 Likes
gumby65

The same thing just happened to my Droid 2. Is the battery "reboot" sugested above still the way to go?

Very weird!

0 Likes
sunsetgold

instructions still work  thanks, I  wasn't getting anywhere.

0 Likes