gmail authentication error
nosno

For the last week I'm getting a notification "gmail authentication error". Worked fine before & dont think I reset anything. Went to settings & the personal info, PW etc are correct. No idea what other settings should be.

0 Likes
Re: gmail authentication error
GinaH_VZW
Contributor - Level 3

Hello nosno, are you still having this issue? I found on google's site they received many reports about authentication but now resolved. 

this link may be helpful to identify if any sync issues are occuring with google.

This link may be helpful to troubleshoot and identify if there are any issues reported with google services:
http://www.google.com/appsstatus#hl=en

0 Likes
jcbag97

Yesterday I started receiving "gmail authentication error" on my phone.  I tried the link that was suggested and the gmail page reports no errors.  I checked my account online and able to login there.  Anyone else start getting this error recently? 

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

remove then add the gmail account.

0 Likes
jim-vb

I'm having the same problem. I removed the mail account, and now it will not let me readd it. It says I already have a Google email account. I tried to remove the whole Google account, and it says that the app is integrated into the phone and that I will need to initialize (factory reset) the phone to remove the Google account. What now??

0 Likes
TheCuteOne

I've been unable to remove google account..I click on "remove account" and then nothing.

I have no isues using gmail using gmail application, just that I keep getting this annoying "Gmail authentation error" popping up on my phone every 5-10 minutes

0 Likes
TheCuteOne

is unable to remove the account

Does this mean I gotta do a factory reset??..ugh..I just downloaded apps to this...(groans)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi TheCuteOne,

Authentication errors are usually resolved by removing your Gmail account. You must do a factory reset in order to remove the original Gmail account on your phone. Please do the factory reset and keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes