Simple way to Backup apps for Hard Reset...
Wildman
Legend

A number of users ask for a method to backup apps before the hard reset a device and I figured I would point out a free way to back up apps...  Download ES File Explorer from https://market.android.com/details?id=com.estrongs.android.pop&feature=search_result

There is also a restore oprion but I have never used the option....

THIS DOES NOT BACKUP ANY DATA FOR APPS, JUST THE APPS...

0 Likes
Re: Simple way to Backup apps for Hard Reset...
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Very nice, not something I think about anymore, but good suggestion.  One note: if doing a restore, I believe you need to have install non-market apps enabled, menu>settings>applications, check box next to "Unknown Sources"

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Estrongs file explorer is what I use to backup my applications to use for a list to reference, but I have not used the app to restore the applications.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i don't even mind reseting my tbolt anymore, since it's so easy to backup and restore anything. i used to think a factory reset was a dreaded scenario......but it's really no big deal if you back it all up. and whenever i have reset it, it runs SO much more smooth again.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

AZSALUKI wrote:

i don't even mind reseting my tbolt anymore, since it's so easy to backup and restore anything. i used to think a factory reset was a dreaded scenario......but it's really no big deal if you back it all up. and whenever i have reset it, it runs SO much more smooth again.

I agree, if you backup regularly a hard reset should not be a major issue.

0 Likes