LG COSMOS BLACK SCREEN
Jondaris1

PLEASE HELP!!! JUST TONIGHT MY LG COSMOS SCREEN WENT BLACK! ONLY THING THAT WAS VISABLE WAS THE VERIZON LOGO WHEN YOU FIRST TURN IT ON..AND EVEN THAT HAS CUT ITSELF OFF. THERES IS NOTHING BUT A BLACK BLANK SCREEN!! I CAN STILL RECEIVE CALLS, TEXTS ETC BUT I JUST CANT SEE ANYTHING!! PLEASE HELP ME YOU GUYS!! =(((((( I DONT WANNA BUY A NEW PHONE BECAUSE THAT IS NOT IN MY BUDGET RIGHT NOW PLEASE HELP!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG COSMOS BLACK SCREEN
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

Jondaris1 wrote:

PLEASE HELP!!! JUST TONIGHT MY LG COSMOS SCREEN WENT BLACK! ONLY THING THAT WAS VISABLE WAS THE VERIZON LOGO WHEN YOU FIRST TURN IT ON..AND EVEN THAT HAS CUT ITSELF OFF. THERES IS NOTHING BUT A BLACK BLANK SCREEN!! I CAN STILL RECEIVE CALLS, TEXTS ETC BUT I JUST CANT SEE ANYTHING!! PLEASE HELP ME YOU GUYS!! =(((((( I DONT WANNA BUY A NEW PHONE BECAUSE THAT IS NOT IN MY BUDGET RIGHT NOW PLEASE HELP!!

Hi Jondaris1,

I would like to provide you options to resolve your phone's screen issues. Have you done a soft reset (remove battery for 20 seconds, re-insert and power on)? Removing and re-inserting the battery will reset any electronic failure keeping your screen from starting.

If removing the battery does not resolve your screen concerns please keep in mind that your phone includes a 12 month manufacturer's warranty and it can be replaced free of charge during this warranty period. Please note that physical damage and/or water damage void the manufacturer warranty. To learn more about the Certified Like New Replacement warranty program please visit this LINK.

If your phone has sustained physical and/or water damage and you have the phone insurance feature, you can file an insurance claim and get a replacement phone at www.phoneclaim.com/verizon-lookup at your convenience.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

Jondaris1 wrote:

Hi Jondaris1,

I would like to provide you options to resolve your phone's screen issues. Have you done a soft reset (remove battery for 20 seconds, re-insert and power on)? Removing and re-inserting the battery will reset any electronic failure keeping your screen from starting.

If removing the battery does not resolve your screen concerns please keep in mind that your phone includes a 12 month manufacturer's warranty and it can be replaced free of charge during this warranty period. Please note that physical damage and/or water damage void the manufacturer warranty. To learn more about the Certified Like New Replacement warranty program please visit this LINK.

If your phone has sustained physical and/or water damage and you have the phone insurance feature, you can file an insurance claim and get a replacement phone at www.phoneclaim.com/verizon-lookup at your convenience.

0 Likes
ktetch

I just had the same thing happen with my daughter's Cosmos today.

No water damage, not dropped. She checked a text message, replied, put it in her pocket, minute lter a reply, goes to check it, black screen.

We even took it to the Verizon store straight away. Woman took the battery out, checked the water dots, they're fine, put the battery back in, powered it on, still not working. Went to her desk, looked up the account and said.

"Oh sorry, your warrenty ran out on the first, you'll have to buy a new phone" and basically tossed it back at us. 

To say I'm not happy is an understatement.

The screen is not physically damaged (there's no lcd discolouration, and the backlight still works). It's almost as if the hinge, and specifically the wiring between the two phone halves, wasn't up to the job.

I could also see her attitude if it were my EnV2 we were talking about (it's been out of warrenty for 2 1/2 years) but to have had it fail on the other side of a holiday weekend from the warrenty, then be treated that way.. I'm seriously considering moving to sprint now.

0 Likes
Elitist_Jerk
Contributor - Level 2

sprint offers one year warranty on their phones as well..

0 Likes