How to transfer Photos to new replacement phone????
mpusch

I just set up my replacement phone, Droid Incredible, I switched over my battery and SD card and my photos did not show up.  There are a 3 downloads but those are the only ones that I see.  Please tell me how to find those photos. Thanks!!

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: How to transfer Photos to new replacement phone????
Wildman
Legend

Any images you have saved are on your sd card and all you have to do is place old card in new phone and images should show in gallery, any files that you recieved through messages that hasnt been saved you need to use a 3rd party app like MyBackup from market to backup all SMS and MMS and then when you install app on new phone with sd card from other phone om it you will have option to restore the files on the new phone.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.rerware.android.MyBackupPro&feature=search_result

0 Likes
mpusch

THanks. I did place the old SD card in my new phone and there are no images:smileysad: I tried doing it a couple times. any other thoughts?

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

mpusch wrote:

THanks. I did place the old SD card in my new phone and there are no images:smileysad: I tried doing it a couple times. any other thoughts?

If they are nor on card then you must have veiwed them through message app but didnt save them, if this is the case then the only oprion is to try backing up SMS and MMS from old phone and restore the data to new device...  MyBackup should work for you...

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
The Droid Incredible has an internal storage space for pictures and music. Can you try to connect to old Droid Incredible to a computer as a disk drive? I would suggest doing this without the sd card installed. Once it is mounted, you will see an external drive when you open your computer's file explorer. Normally when you mount the Droid Incredible with the sd card installed, you would see two external drives in the file explorer, one for the internal phone storage and a second one for the sd card.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
To add to my previous post, it sounds like your photos were saved to the internal storage and not the sd card. That is why you don't see them on the sd card.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Ann154 wrote:
To add to my previous post, it sounds like your photos were saved to the internal storage and not the sd card. That is why you don't see them on the sd card.

You just gave me some new info, I didnt think any Android phone allowed access to internal storage, kind of wish that a number of device would allow this...  The last device I had  that had this option was a WM device..

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
From what I understand, it is almost like there is a second user inaccessible SD card in the Droid Incredible. There is also a portion of the phone that is dedicated to apps and cache. Then you have the external SD card that is user accessible.

The Nexus S is similar. It has no external SD card. It has an internal storage space that is portioned up for one area for applications and cache and another portion for personal user information.

I have also read posts on this forum where many people were confused about which drive to store items under whenever they mounted the phone to the computer. I think the camera app also defaulted to saving to the internal storage instead of the external storage. I seem to remember some people losing all they personal information and pictures during a factory reset because the information was stored on the internal storage. Budone and AZSALUKI can tell you more about how it works since they both had the Droid Incredible before their Tbolts.

0 Likes