How to Boot Xoom into Safe Mode
jmccoy70
Contributor - Level 2
Seems like there should be a keystroke sequence to Boot a Xoom into safe mode, but I can,t seem to dig it up. Any help will be appreciated.
0 Likes
Re: How to Boot Xoom into Safe Mode
Wildman
Legend
0 Likes
jmccoy70
Contributor - Level 2
Thanks for the response. Didn't work for me. Briefly got two short lines of text and it went on and booted up normally.
0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

jmccoy70 wrote:
Seems like there should be a keystroke sequence to Boot a Xoom into safe mode, but I can,t seem to dig it up. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks  for the link!

If you are still unable to boot up the XOOM in Safe Mode, please let me know.  I will be happy to assist!

0 Likes
jmccoy70
Contributor - Level 2
Still no luck. Long Press Volume up + Power = Starting RSD protocol Support Long Press Volume Dn + Power= Starting Fast boot Protocol Support Long Press Volume Up & Down + Power shows two lines of text and then boots up normally. No Safe Mode
0 Likes
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

jmccoy70, I understand you are having a hard time putting your Xoom in safe mode. At this point I recommend visiting a corporate store to speak with a representative for assistance. I have also listed a link below for our wonderful workshops that help customers with different functionalities on their devices. They are great and I think it will help with your device. 

https://vzwworkshops.verizonwireless.com/vzwworkshops/

0 Likes
jmccoy70
Contributor - Level 2

Thanks for the response. 

That link gives me a 404 error

0 Likes
dave_flagg
Enthusiast - Level 3

it appears that there is an extra character in that link. paste it into your browser and when it fails delete the last thing in the address and it seems to work. Not sure how good the training would be but might be interesting to see what vzw wants to show us and it is free. here is a correct link:

vzw training classes

0 Likes