Camera on phone won't take any more pics, Y?
eyesonly32
Hello everyone, if someone can help me i would greatly appreciate it.  My Motorola Rival that i've only had a week won't let me take any more pictures. When i press the "take" button i get a message saying"unable to capture image", what gives?  I have looked all over my user guide and all the paperwork that was given to me with the phone. I have also taken pics with it prior to today. can someone please help me. I have grandkids that i love to photograph, and having a camera on my phone is more convenient for me to capture them.  TIA
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Camera on phone won't take any more pics, Y?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm not familiar with the Rival, does it use an external SD card for storage, or do you have that option?  How much internal memory does the phone have?  And how many pix have you already taken?  I'm thinking it's reached it's capacity, though it should say memory full or something a bit more informative.

I could also be totally wrong and there is some other issue.  Perhaps take it to a local store and see if they can troubleshoot for you?

0 Likes
Michele-VzW
Contributor - Level 2

eyesonly32

Are you using an SD card to take the pictures or are they saving onto the internal memory on the phone?  It sounds like maybe the memory is full. 

0 Likes
eyesonly32

it does have a spot for a memory card, however, i have only been saving to phone. memory is not full. it won't let me take a pciture using a high resolution, comes up with a "cannot capture image" screen.   Thanks for everyone's help. haven't had time to go to the office and ask, as i've been working during their business hours. thanks again

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

eyesonly32 wrote:

it does have a spot for a memory card, however, i have only been saving to phone. memory is not full. it won't let me take a pciture using a high resolution, comes up with a "cannot capture image" screen. 

The internal memory may not be FULL, but the memory reserved for pictures may be,especially if you are using the high resolution settings, and have taken a number of pictures.  The phone's internal memory is used for sounds, ringtones, built in apps, system files, and other things, so even though there appears to be space available, it may not be available for pictures.

Best bet is to get an external card and set your camera to save to the card.

0 Likes
Michele-VzW
Contributor - Level 2
Can you get some of the photos off the phone by hooking up to your computer or texting/emailing the photos to yourself? 
0 Likes