LG Cosmos 2 ERI Banner not showing on screen
idaho2010

I had an LG Cosmos and gave that to my son who likes it a lot.

I upgraded to LG Cosmos 2 and tried to set it up the same way the other was. I cannot get the ERI Banner to show up on screen. 

Can someone tell me how to get the ERI Banner to show up. I have gone to the tools and clicked on the ERI banner to show but it will not.

Advice?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG Cosmos 2 ERI Banner not showing on screen
Not applicable

I can definitely understand the inconvenience and the reason you want your ERI set.  I want to thank you for taking the time to set the ERI.  If the steps you took did not resolve your issue, then I would do a master reset on the phone.  Follow the steps below to reset the phone:

From the main screen, press MENU
Scroll to Settings & Tools, press OK
Scroll to Phone Settings, press OK
Scroll to Security, press OK
Enter Lock Code displays
Enter the 4 Digit lock code (default lock code last 4 digits of phone number)
Highlight Restore Phone, press OK
Restore Phone - Permanently erases all user data & resets settings to factory default. This phone will need to be reprogrammed.
Highlight Yes and press OK to restore default settings or highlight No and press OK to return to the Security list.

I hope this helps.  Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable

idaho2010 wrote:

I had an LG Cosmos and gave that to my son who likes it a lot.

I upgraded to LG Cosmos 2 and tried to set it up the same way the other was. I cannot get the ERI Banner to show up on screen. 

Can someone tell me how to get the ERI Banner to show up. I have gone to the tools and clicked on the ERI banner to show but it will not.

Advice?

Good afternoon!

I'm happy to make sure that we get the ERI banner to appear on this awesome new phone!

The ERI banner is there to display the network you are in, whether 'Verizon Wireless' or "Extended Network'. Once you have confirmed the ERI settings under 'Settings & Tools>Display Settings>Banner>ERI>On, I recommend going into a default reset. This will not erase any personal information from your phone, it only restores the settings (like wallpaper) to the default. Please go to 'Settings & Tools>Phone Settings>Security>Enter Code>Reset Default>Ok>Revert; to confirm. The phone will power cycle. 

When the phone is back on, return to the ERI settings to enable the banner.

Please advise if this resolves your concern.

Thank you!

0 Likes
idaho2010

Thank you for your reply.

I tried your instructions however this did not solve the issue.

While the ERI banner is not really a necessity, where I live there is sporadic service and it is a convenience to hear and see if you are in Extended Network or Verizon Wireless.

Any other ideas?

0 Likes
Not applicable

I can definitely understand the inconvenience and the reason you want your ERI set.  I want to thank you for taking the time to set the ERI.  If the steps you took did not resolve your issue, then I would do a master reset on the phone.  Follow the steps below to reset the phone:

From the main screen, press MENU
Scroll to Settings & Tools, press OK
Scroll to Phone Settings, press OK
Scroll to Security, press OK
Enter Lock Code displays
Enter the 4 Digit lock code (default lock code last 4 digits of phone number)
Highlight Restore Phone, press OK
Restore Phone - Permanently erases all user data & resets settings to factory default. This phone will need to be reprogrammed.
Highlight Yes and press OK to restore default settings or highlight No and press OK to return to the Security list.

I hope this helps.  Thanks.

0 Likes