Mifi 2200 - Can I connect my network printer?
Four_Below

I have a Dell 3010cn network printer.  In the past I've had this connected to my router (a LinkSys WRT54G) which was connected to a satellite internet connection.  I was never satisfied with the speed of the connection so I'm testing out the Mifi 2200 in hopes of using that as my primary connection.  My problem is, the printer is not wireless, it was connected via Ethernet to my router in the past.  Any advice on how I can share this printer connection with the Mifi?  Do I need to (or can I) purchase a similar router that will connect to the Mifi and support hard-wired connections?

Thanks for any advice!

0 Likes
Re: Mifi 2200 - Can I connect my network printer?
AlexSian
Contributor - Level 1

with the latest firmware available (version 1.6) the Cradlepoint MBR1000 cellular router now supports the MiFi.

when the MiFi is tethered via USB cable to it, the MBR1000 allows you to network several computers and your printer, either via ethernet ports on back of MBR1000, or via the router's WiFi N wireless network.

the MBR1000 is likely to be the last router you have to buy.

0 Likes
dave1812
Contributor - Level 1

"the MBR1000 is likely to be the last router you have to buy."

:smileyhappy: The way standards change and products are improved over time, I find that a hard pill to swallow. 

0 Likes
AlexSian
Contributor - Level 1

OK, how about: "may be the last cellular router you have to buy" :smileyhappy:

keep in mind, the MBR1000 has WAN input for cable/dsl/satellite; WiFi N (draft 2 which should be the final N); and expresscard and two USB slots for multiple active cellular modems.

not only that, but its already supporting 4G devices from Clear and Sprint.

sure, there will be newer cellular routers that come out, but the feature set on the MBR1000 is pretty complete.

only thing missing from it (in my opinion) is PCMCIA support and gigabit ethernet.

0 Likes