LG Cosmos Touch screen problems
fierce1289

My LG Cosmos Touch is having screen problems.  The whole touch screen portion will not work!  I've tried pulling the battery a couple times and nothing.  Its been like this for close to 2 days now.  Any ideas how to fix this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Cosmos Touch screen problems
Not applicable

The battery pull was a great step to take. However, if it continues to not work we are limited with troubleshooting. Please PM me or click here for options to contact us so we can go over options to resolve the issue for you!

0 Likes
ABQGibson

I too am having the same issue.  I also tried replacing the battery with my son's identical phone battery.  His continues to work, mine does not.  I can make calls using the slide out keyboard, and I can receive calls although it doesn't ring or vibrate.  The only way I know there is a call incoming is the lights on the buttons will light up.

0 Likes
ABQGibson

So I guess I am just out of luck.  Tried talking with a service rep from LG online.  Says it is a hardware issue.  Nothing to do except possibly follow some long procedure for returning for a manufactures warranty.  Technology has me hooked, I can't be without my phone so more money to pay for a replacement.  I would NOT recommend this phone.

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

ABQGibson wrote:

So I guess I am just out of luck.  Tried talking with a service rep from LG online.  Says it is a hardware issue.  Nothing to do except possibly follow some long procedure for returning for a manufactures warranty.  Technology has me hooked, I can't be without my phone so more money to pay for a replacement.  I would NOT recommend this phone.

Hi ABQGibson,

I am sorry to learn that your phone is not working properly. I would be frustrated if my phone didn't perform as expected. Please note that your phone includes a one year warranty and can be easily replaced with a Certified Like New Device within 12 months of purchase. For details on the Warranty Replacement process please visit the link below:

Warranty Certified Like-New Replacement Process

Before processing a warranty Replacement, please consider performing a factory reset, which may resolve the issues you are experiencing with your phone. Please note that performing a factory reset on your phone is very easy. For your convenience I have included instructions to perform a factory reset below:

Reset Default

>From the main screen, press Menu. 
>Touch Settings
>Touch Phone Settings
>Touch Security
>Enter Lock Code ???? displays, enter the 4 digit lock code (default: last 4 digits of phone number).
>Touch Reset Default
>Reset Default - Preference Settings will be set to factory defaults.

>Your user data will not be erased. Press <OK> to continue displays, touch OK.

>Scroll to Revert, touch OK

You can also find the above instruction on page 108 of your LG Cosmos Touch User Guide.

0 Likes
Jakal3157

Is there a way to reset it to factory default without having to use the touch screen? Because the touch option for my screen is what's not working.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Jakal3157 wrote:

Is there a way to reset it to factory default without having to use the touch screen? Because the touch option for my screen is what's not working.

Hi there!

There is no way to reset without the screen. I can still help, of course! Please PM me your name and mobile number if this concern still exists.

Thank you!

0 Likes
BigBerry69

Adam, I have the same problem with my Touch and would like to know how to resolve this issue before sending the phone off.

Thanks

0 Likes
bergina6953

Touch screen does not work. I can't really see or send any text messaging. I tried to calibrate but the touch function are not working properly help please!

0 Likes
golowes48

Mine screen is not responsive at all.  Is there any way to fix it without having to use the screen?

0 Likes