Re: Is 3g Mobile Hotspot free or not?
budone
Legend

The water company scenario, well, doesn't hold water. (I couldn't resist the pun) They do that now. You are charged x amount for an x amount of water. You go over that threshold the rate is higher You go over the next threshold, the rate is hgher yet. And sewer service. Most companies base it on the water usage, whether water was used for washing cars, watering the lawn, filling a pool.... you still pay for a sewer rate on that water as if it went back into the system.

Look at electric co's., the same thing, there is a rate for certain usage, then the rate goes higher as you go over each threshold. As for me I pay a higher rate as I fall below the minumum threshold.

Everybody does it. Does it make it right? Thats according to who you talk to. Is it legal? Most definately!

0 Likes
Re: Is G Mobile Hotshot free or not?
Sgt_Shrek

I'm not here to add fuel to the fire, but I got a new Droid X in the past couple of weeks and I noticed the G Mobile Hotshot on it.  I opened it up, set up an ssid, and was off and surfing.  Notice that in my steps I didn't mention that I accepted any type of notice that I would be charged extra for the service.  I'm sure they do which is why I'm going to delete it, but I don't think it's right that when I've never heard of it they allow you to use it without making you accept the extra charges that go with it.  I have no doubt that I will have a $20 surprise at the end of the month. 

0 Likes
Meyecool

BurtReynolds,

You got "yessed." lol I've learned to always do thorough research and be my own salesman. In the information age, customer service sucks--not surprisingly, because there is just so much information out there and too much to keep up with. No one truely specializes in anything; it's more of a fly by night time we live in, 'cause soon as you learn something, it changes. Like, for instance, in a couple of days Verizon will offer a tiered data plan for smartphone users--starting at $15 for 150 mb and increasing by intervals of 150 mb--adding $15 for each overage. And, while your salesman seems to have been a little wrong, you might have just heard what you wanted to hear; "the app and hardware is included" does not mean the service is free.

0 Likes
Re: Is G Mobile Hotshot free or not?
lauram93

Sgt_Shrek so did you ever get charged? I just tried the same thing and my laptop actually told me I was connected but didn't have Internet access. but when i went to my browser the pages loaded.... But really slowly. I have a Droid Incredible

0 Likes
livefree75

I did click on it, and got the message you specify, but it let me do it anyway, even tho I don't have the mobile hotspot feature.  Would it have activated the feature in my account, without specifically telling me it would do so?

0 Likes