Re: Oz Mail/Communications, Mods with answers Please, Thanks!
dols95

Just upgraded my phone from one that did not have e-mail and I had recieved these same messages a few times over the last few days

0 Likes
AyaniB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi dols95,

Congratulations on you new phone.  I would be happy to review your account and turning off the message notifications.  Please PM your wireless number.  I look forward to hearing from you soon. 

Thank you for your contribution to our community forums, 

0 Likes
GoAvs

I switched to a Droid Charge and these messages have started coming in to me too. You can't block the number via your online account (it requires a 10 digit number and the SPAMmer uses 11 digits). Help please.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

GoAvs wrote:

I switched to a Droid Charge and these messages have started coming in to me too. You can't block the number via your online account (it requires a 10 digit number and the SPAMmer uses 11 digits). Help please.

This is not a spammer, but just the method that Verizon uses to notify your old phone that a new email is available to the mobile email app you were previously using. There seems to be a problem if you do not properly cancel the mobile email app that you will continue to receive these text messages. Your old mobile email app would intercept these messages so that you wouldn't ever see them as an incoming text, but rather as a notification that you had new email waiting.

Either call CS at *611 or you can PM the Verizon employee who replied in this thread previously. They should be able to stop this.

0 Likes
GoAvs

rcschnoor - Thanks. I called and they seemed to understand what I was trying to explain. The CS said it's been fixed. Time will tell. Thanks!

0 Likes
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

GoAvs wrote:

Hello GoAvs! I can help you with this! The process we will use requires me to gather some personal information, so I recommend taking our discussion into personal messages. If you can send me a PM with your name and mobile number, I'll reach out to you ASAP! Thanks!

0 Likes
GoAvs

DionM_VZW wrote:i can help you with this! the process we will use requires me to gather some personal information, so i recommend taking our discussion into personal messages. if you can send me a pm with your name and mobile number, i'll reach out to you asap! thanks!ã¯â»â¿

I'll send you a PM because the CS's promise didn't work...

0 Likes
missgord

Verizon figured out the issue - I called the rep and she said they recently got an email about how to handle it.  They can disable the notifications/texts and she told me she would call me tomorrow to confirm that I had stopped receiving them.  Quickest/most effective VZW phone call of my life - normally I'm on the phone with them fighting for hours. She seemed to recognize the problem and have a quick solution. Worth calling in.

0 Likes
rw79

It's important to mention the OZ mail as the subject to the customer support rep right away to get them focused in the right direction. 

I just had the exact OZ mail text incident you speak of happen to me over the past two days after switching over to the Droid--to include the hassle with dealing with customer support. The first rep said she'd gladly block the number for me, but the blocking didn't work, and I discovered one can't block international numbers from the My Verizon website--nor can Verizon from their office (so they say).

The rep I spoke with today said there was nothing Verizon could do to stop me from receiving a text message from an international number (11-801-222-2357). I had to request to speak to a supervisor before finally getting someone to understand what my problem was. 

I'm surprised this problem isn't at the top of their troubleshoot checklist, or addressed on the My Verizon website.

0 Likes
lucyxoxo89

I would like to stop the text msg please contact with this same number. Thanks!!

{edited for privacy}

0 Likes