Re: List of droid charge problem encountered so far
crashma920
My issues:

Bluetooth disconnects
Phone drops from EVDO multiple times a day
Modem sounds with incoming calls intermittently. Does not correct until battery pull.
Power cycles
Drops calls
Voicemail indicator disappears and doesnt vome back until battery pull.. Then shows date 12-31-2004 for the voicemail
Call waiting doesnt work intermittently

i've had it replaced 3 times and want out of android itself. VZW tells me I can get another replacement due to issues not being known. I've also had the SIM replaced twice. I'm frustrated and fed up.
0 Likes
LOUcifer
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm on my 3rd Charge!!  I have lost ALL faith in this phone AND Verizon to provide their subcribers with a functional consumer product.

I have decided to have Verizon WASTE hundreds of $$$ on shipping costs and equipment costs and just have them replace this crappy piece of equipment until they realize they spent WAAAAAAAAYYYYY more $$$ in equipment and shipping then just replacing my phone with a different model.

I have also expressed my disgust and dissatisfaction of this unit on multiple sites in an attempt to warn others from making the same mistake I made by purchasing the Samsung Charge.

I have already dissuaded 3 co-workers with iPhones away from this phone and away from Verizon due to Verizon's arrogance and refusal to admit there are obvious operational issues with the Droid Charge and Verizon's inability to make their subscribers happy and provide their subcribers with quality customer service or quality equipment.

It is all a matter of time before I cancel my 6yr stint with Verizon and go with a carrier that is more willing to satisfy their customers.

0 Likes
thecybernerd

Totally agree this phone is a piece of **bleep**! I am on number 4!

0 Likes
Elitist_Jerk
Contributor - Level 2

LOUcifer wrote:

I'm on my 3rd Charge!!  I have lost ALL faith in this phone AND Verizon to provide their subcribers with a functional consumer product.

I have decided to have Verizon WASTE hundreds of $$$ on shipping costs and equipment costs and just have them replace this crappy piece of equipment until they realize they spent WAAAAAAAAYYYYY more $$$ in equipment and shipping then just replacing my phone with a different model.

I have also expressed my disgust and dissatisfaction of this unit on multiple sites in an attempt to warn others from making the same mistake I made by purchasing the Samsung Charge.

I have already dissuaded 3 co-workers with iPhones away from this phone and away from Verizon due to Verizon's arrogance and refusal to admit there are obvious operational issues with the Droid Charge and Verizon's inability to make their subscribers happy and provide their subcribers with quality customer service or quality equipment.

It is all a matter of time before I cancel my 6yr stint with Verizon and go with a carrier that is more willing to satisfy their customers.

Maybe you should buy an iphone yourself.. it might be easier for you

Verizon is a wireless provider, they don't make the SAMSUNG charge.. so when you switch carriers remember don't buy SAMSUNG because they don't work for you. Also try to call SAMSUNG and see if they will give you an HTC phone for your warranty replacement.. please report back your results

0 Likes
crashma920
I've written an email to vzw about this and have requested to get out of this device. I've been told that they will replace it with the same device. Theyve told me that this phone has no known issues and to stop looking for issues. I feel that I paid good money for this phone and pay $130 for 1 line. I should have a working phone with minimal issues. If I have multiple duplicatable issues something should be done besides throwing me another pos refurbished phone that has the same issues!
0 Likes
Aqua009

I've been having with the SD card (32 GB) that came with the phone.  I had to re-format it twice and now it won't reformat at all.

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

dabricks85 wrote:

I TRULY BELIEVE THAT LAST UPDATE REALLY DID SOMETHING TO THE AUDIO, CAUSE IT DOES DROP ON ME TO I CAN HEAR WHO I'M TALKING TO FINE BUT THEY CAN'T HEAR ME ON THE OTHER END THEY SAY IT'S LIKE I'VE HUNG UP ON THEM OR IT GOES SILENT ON THEY END,  AND IT DID MAKE A VERY STRANGE SOUND ON ME A COUPLE OF TIMES I COULDN'T DO ANYTHING I DISCONNECT AND TRY TO MAKE ANOTHER CALL AND THE SOUND STAYS THE SAME ONLY WHEN I TURN THE PHONE OFF AND REBOOT IT THAT IT DOES OK BUT THIS IS GETTING VERY TIRED SOME,  I TOOK IT TO A COUPLE OF STORES HERE IN TALLAHASSEE AND THEY SAY I HAVE TO BRING THE PHONE TO THEM WHEN IT'S MAKING THAT NOISE OR GOES SILENT BUT WHO THE HELL KNOWS WHEN IT'S GONNA HAPPEN TO ME I MEAN **bleep** I MOSTLY USE MY PHONE AT NIGHT AND IT DOESN'T HAPPEN ALL THE TIME,  THEY KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON I JUST HOPE IT DOESN'T TAKE THEM TO LONG TO FIX THIS PROBLEM CAUSE I REALLY DO LIKE THIS PHONE     

Hi dabricks85,

I understand your discontent. I would be frustrated if my phone did not perform as expected after a software update. As per your post, the audio issue you're experiencing is sporadic and does not happen all the time. My resources indicate that performing a Droid Charge Factory Reset has resolved similar issues for other customers after a software update. Please follow instructions on the link provided to perform a factory reset as it may resolve the issues you are experiencing.

Please keep in mind that performing a hard reset will remove ALL data including the Google account, system data, application data, application settings, and downloaded applications.

0 Likes
dabricks85

THANK YOU I'M WILLING TO TRY ANYTHING AT THIS POINT , I'LL REPOST IF IT WORKS OUT FOR ME

0 Likes
dabricks85

1 QUESTION THO DO I NEED TO REMOVE MY SIMM CARD BEFORE I DO THIS FACTORY RESET ?  

0 Likes
dwanger

I have replaced it 2 times already and they sent me  3 replacement which I am not going to accept because it is refurbished and not new.  This was within 14 days of my last new replacement.  I have been offered another phone with a $60 credit, but I want a 4g phone and there is nothing that currently competes with the package if it actually worked.

First phone.  Horrible reception for phone and data in my house.  Showed no service.  Terrible reception on all of the phones in a part of Austin that I frequently go to as has the current one.

Second phone.  Better service, but not as good as my old voyager.  Wouldn't connect to my computer or to my TV.  

Third phone.  Screen flickers.  When it is powered off cannot repower up unless you keep taking the battery out and trying it several times.  Screen flickers after password, bad service again, not quite as bad as the first.  Still cannot connect to TV but can to computer.

And tech support says they are so sorry, haven't heard of any problems. . . . 

All that being said, when it works, I love it.

0 Likes