Keyboard disappeared...can't pull it up
tmjpaul

My keyboard has disappeared, and I can't access anything that uses a keyboard for it.  It just WON'T SHOW UP.  I've tried restarting my phone, taking the battery out, everything.  Nothing helps.  I tried holding down where the keyboard "should" be, like was suggested, nothing happens.  There is no keyboard listing at all on the Settings>Language & Keyboard>Keyboard Settings.  I can't go to the marketplace to download a keyboard, because I can't USE a keyboard to type in the word keyboard.  I'm completely stumped.  Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Keyboard disappeared...can't pull it up
Wildman
Legend

That's a strange situation but if you want to download a different one and see if it helps then log into Google Market on the pc and install the keyboard from the market.. It should install without any interaction from phone.

0 Likes
Kazuni
Going to the market to download a new keyboard shouldn't need you to type in the words. You can just go to top Apps and scroll down until you find a suitable keyboard app for you.
0 Likes
B33
Legend

:smileywink: good suggestion 

0 Likes
Not applicable

These are all great suggestions! Thank you!

Beyond the Market apps having great potential, I would recommend placing the phone into Safe Mode, then testing the keyboard capabilities. If you do not have the issue, you know its a software related concern and you should move on to performing a Hard Reset. Just ensure you have your Google/Gmail credentials to sign in once you've completed the on-screen activation set-up.

Please advise here if this was able to resolve the issue!

Thank you!

0 Likes