Motorola Droid 2 A956 driver.
haselaxton

I cannot get my computer USB port to recognize my phone. There is a Moto icon in the tray on taskbar, but when touched with mouse I get the message:  "Phone USB mode not supported. Please change to a supported mode". There is nothing but that message and nothing I can click on.  I want to charge from my computer, and to share files. I have used the Windows(7) Update, and the troubleshooter to install the right driver, but I keep getting the message: "Motorola USB Device A956...No driver found"  I could not find this phone on the Windows7 Compatibility Center.

It will charge on the USB, but I'm afraid I might damage something since I cannot use the Windows "safely remove device" thingy...

Has anyone else had this problem?

0 Likes
Re: Motorola Droid 2 A956 driver.
MISSKITTY610

I have the same problem - I am running windows vista and the Droid 2 Global will not connect and I get the same errors you listed above

0 Likes
AndyTarnowski

Ditto guys. Same issue. I had a droid X that was perfect. I loved how the interface with the computer was basiclaly like a windows explorer window. I figured it would be the same with the Droid 2 but alas I am having the same issue as you guys. Nothing but a moto icon in the system tray with no interface giving me the same error as you.

0 Likes
AndyTarnowski

Hey Guys I just figured it out. If you plug it in, drag the top bar open and click on "USB connection." When there make sure "Windows Sync" is checked NOT "USB mass storage."

Once I did that it automatically installed the missing drivers and now it works just as well and the same as the X I mentioned in my first comment. I hope this helps you guys.

0 Likes
Darkstarchuck

That usb connection type still will not allow the 3rd party apps for sync'ing contacts. Very frustrating

0 Likes
lbaker6394

Hi!  ok the media sync works great, but to get the driver for your usb connection go to:  http://www.motorola.com/Support/US-EN/Support-Homepage/Software_and_Drivers/USB-and-PC-Charging-Driv...

This will solve the usb problem!   :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
lbaker6394

be sure to select computer for the driver update on your phone from the pulldown as explained earlier.

0 Likes
debbie0730

Thanks, Andy. Worked like a charm. Yoo da man!

0 Likes