Droid Incredible 2 NOT connecting to PC
DawnLasp
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, 

Since last week, my Droid Incredible 2 will not connect to my work PC, or home laptop.

I believe the problem began after updating 11 different apps.
I performed a Factory Data Reset on both the phone and SD card....the problem persists.

Android Version 2.3.3

HT Sense Version 2.1

Thank you for your help.

-Dawn

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid Incredible 2 NOT connecting to PC
DawnLasp
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks Demmo - 

I tried that too.  I went into the settings and tried manually selecting items from the "Connect to PC" options.  

Thennnnnnnnn.......I plugged the usb in a back port and it appeared to work momentarily....thennnnnnnn....my computer got one of those "blue screens of death"....OS failure....I had to shut down & restart my computer.  

I tried plugging the usb in the back port again....it didnt work the first few times...but is now working.  weird.  And, I expect that it will fail again in the future.....

But, I am glad that I at least got it to work right now.  I am getting tired of peeling off the back cover and retrieving the SD card, and plugging it into a Micro SD Card Reader....

Thank you for your help!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Jon_Doh
Contributor - Level 1

When you plug the phone into the computer pull down the notification screen and make sure the option "use as disk drive" is selected.  Then press done.  In a few seconds the phone should appear on your computer. 

0 Likes
DawnLasp
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for your speedy reply Jon.

I was able to use the Connect to PC function & options in the past..namely "Charge Only" and "Use as Disk Drive" options.
Those capabilities are no longer available to me.  Both my work and home computers do not recognize the phone as a device.

I am assuming that the "Connect to PC" behind-the-scenes software is corrupt on my phone....or missing.... 

0 Likes
DawnLasp
Enthusiast - Level 2

"USB device not recognized".....

That's the error message I get on the computer... 

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

The default may have been changed... from your homescreen, press menu>settings>connect to PC>default connection type.  You should be able to change it from there.  I also prefer to leave the "ask me" box checked.

0 Likes
DawnLasp
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks Demmo - 

I tried that too.  I went into the settings and tried manually selecting items from the "Connect to PC" options.  

Thennnnnnnnn.......I plugged the usb in a back port and it appeared to work momentarily....thennnnnnnn....my computer got one of those "blue screens of death"....OS failure....I had to shut down & restart my computer.  

I tried plugging the usb in the back port again....it didnt work the first few times...but is now working.  weird.  And, I expect that it will fail again in the future.....

But, I am glad that I at least got it to work right now.  I am getting tired of peeling off the back cover and retrieving the SD card, and plugging it into a Micro SD Card Reader....

Thank you for your help!

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
Yeah, the usb connection on my Eris was always a little finicky with the stock firmware too. Course, now it just plain doesn't work, but I knew that would be the case.
0 Likes