IPhone 4 ear speaker not working
Adidax3
Enthusiast - Level 2
My ear speaker decided to stop working, i did not drop the phone or spill anything on it..

I found a couple solutions online for getting the ear speaker to work, no luck..
I rebooted the phone, tried a hard reset, I plugged and unplugged earphones several times..

I didn't buy any protection plan for my phone..
Every phone comes with a warranty right??
I have had my phone for 7 months will the apple store replace my phone??
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: IPhone 4 ear speaker not working
Adidax3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok so I made an appointment at the Genius Bar at the Apple Store and in about 40 mins; I had my phone diagnosed and replaced with a new iPhone 4...

So if anyone has a defective problem with their phone and you were NOT the cause of the problem (ex: you dropped it a fire, spilled beer on it) they will give you a replacement!  

Covered by the 1 year manufacturer warranty that comes with every iPhone 4..and also my warranty starts all over again!  

PS. They do NOT give you new headphones or power adapter,

and you do NOT need to bring in the box or accessories, just a swap.. FYI

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Adidax3
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also tried restoring the phone as well, and still no sound from the ear speaker.. 

Like  i said I didn't buy any protection plan, but from what i understand is that all iphone 4s come

with a 1 year manufacturer warrenty  and i can have it replaced at the apple store if it has defect ?

correct?

0 Likes
Spiral
Master - Level 1

Adidax3 wrote:

I also tried restoring the phone as well, and still no sound from the ear speaker.. 

Like  i said I didn't buy any protection plan, but from what i understand is that all iphone 4s come

with a 1 year manufacturer warrenty  and i can have it replaced at the apple store if it has defect ?

correct?

My best guess would be yes.  But you will have to ask Apple, none of us (on this customer to customer forum) work for Apple and can guarantee what they will cover.

Please let us know if you get your issue resolved (to help future users with similar problems).

0 Likes
Adidax3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok so I made an appointment at the Genius Bar at the Apple Store and in about 40 mins; I had my phone diagnosed and replaced with a new iPhone 4...

So if anyone has a defective problem with their phone and you were NOT the cause of the problem (ex: you dropped it a fire, spilled beer on it) they will give you a replacement!  

Covered by the 1 year manufacturer warranty that comes with every iPhone 4..and also my warranty starts all over again!  

PS. They do NOT give you new headphones or power adapter,

and you do NOT need to bring in the box or accessories, just a swap.. FYI

0 Likes
Re: i-Phone 4 ear speaker not working
GPRES

My wife and I both purchased i-phone4s last Friday. Her ear speaker quit working on Monday. Verizon told us it had to go to Apple so we took it to the Apple Store in the Haywood Mall. We had an appointment, and still had to wait a while, but our technician was fast and efficient. They replaced the phone and set up the new one while we waited. A customer was there just before us and she had an AT&T i-Phone 4 where the small microphone for standard phone conversations quit working. The technician said this was fairly common where the Verizon i-phone's ear speaker would quit and the AT&T's speech microphone would quit. If the phone is still under warranty, they will replace it.

0 Likes