Text messages going to the wrong people...
star17068

I just got my new phone about 3-4 weeks ago.  Atleast once a day it seems, I am on a thread to send a text message to one person and it ends up going to someone else.  The person it goes to is someone I've previously been texting but days before.  So I haven't even been on that thread for days! Does anyone else have this problem? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Text messages going to the wrong people...
Wildman
Legend

I havent had the issue but from what I read that the solution that others have used was to ditch the stock messaging and went with "Handcent" and the issue was resolved...

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.handcent.nextsms&feature=search_result

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I havent had the issue but from what I read that the solution that others have used was to ditch the stock messaging and went with "Handcent" and the issue was resolved...

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.handcent.nextsms&feature=search_result

0 Likes
chris_in_bend
Wrong! I have been on Handcent the entire time and I have the same problem.
0 Likes
Sborden
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have had Handcent for over a year now and not 1 of my messages has gone to the wrong person, sounds like you need to reinstall

0 Likes
Mosox42

I'm using the built in text messaging and my Thunderbolt is texting the wrong people. It just started but has happened 3 times in the past 24 hours, and on top of that randomly shut down (not a reboot.)

0 Likes
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3
Was this really fixed?, or did it get a "solution" assigned by accident? I was still having texting problems and am now trying Google Voice as a texting app instead of handcent. I've only been using GV a couple of days so I'm still in the test/verification stage. Not as nice an interface as handcent and no mms support but it is free and if it doesn't roulette text, multiple send same text, or stop receiving texts, I'll use it.
0 Likes
TominqueBo_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello RobB772,

I know this issue can be an inconvenience.  I hope the application is assisting you.  HTC is aware of this issue and are looking to address this as soon as possible.  More than likely the resolution will come in a form of a software update.  I do not have an exact date, however the resolution should be very soon.  Thank you.  

0 Likes
USMCSaxman

I just want to add that this issue is also happening to me at random.  It has been very embarassing to have certain text messages go to random people whenever the Thunderbolt chooses to.  I refuse to use another texting program when the phone should work.  How long are we going to have to wait for HTC to fix this?  This is an urgent issue at the very least.  We shouldn't have to wait for a full release to fix this.  A quick patch needs to be issued.  I am truly tired of this problem and pay way too much for my service and paid a lot for the phone to be dealing with something like this.  I want help!!

0 Likes
Butterflynma

I have been experiencing this issue for the last few weeks and it is extremely annoying.  I've called Verizon 7 times and have gotten nothing but the run around.  What's even more annoying is hearing them say there will be a software coming out to correct the problem but they don't know when.  I'm very disappointed in Verizon.  I've been with them for many years.  They were my first and only carrier.  I will definitely not be taking this lying down.  I'm going to get a resolution, and if that means leaving Verizon, then so be it.  And if anyone from Verizon is reading this, PLEASE DO NOT offer up another apology.  I don't want another apology, I want this issue to be corrected, NOW!!

0 Likes
Butterflynma

AND I've heard all about Handcent and read reviews about it.  The majority of the reviews I read were horrible, so I can't see how that would be the solution.

0 Likes