Phone keeps shutting off
bulldog69
Contributor - Level 2

My phone almost daily shuts off while on Facebook or just clicking on a new page. Today I checked market for app updates and it said I had 6 to update so I clicked update all and while it started updating them the phone shut off and then powered back up again. Showed no updates so I had to remeber which ones needed updating and then click on individual ones and sure enough they needed updating. Any thoughts on this matter?

0 Likes
Re: Phone keeps shutting off
webdon
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've actually had some apps that did this. Buggy apps not phone. Start removing them one by one. When the problem goes away you found the culprit.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Webdon is definitely on the right track as the possible culprit here.  Now, to answer your other question of why it showed no updates needed once the phone rebooted. The notifications in the Market for app updates happen automatically if you choose to.  If you manually chose to check for updates, and none showed as available, it's likely that since you already accepted the prompt to update those applications, the Market will no longer alert you for those apps.  Granted the application updates didn't complete, but you already chose to "update all" which most likely cleared the proactive alert that the Market gives to update the app. 

If more time had gone by, I'd imagine that the alert would have come back, but at least you were able to update the apps individually.  Let us know if you have any further questions on the matter.

0 Likes
bulldog69
Contributor - Level 2

Thank you, I tried to remember which ones needed updating and did those

0 Likes
xcslx

Sorry dude, it might just be the phone.

Whenever I get a new phone, I always keep it a 'virgin' the first couple days... I didnt download anything! It still shut off on me.

Now I have a few apps installed and my contacts in and it still just does it.

Search Google, it seems to be a very common issue. =( 

0 Likes
bulldog69
Contributor - Level 2

xcslx wrote:

Sorry dude, it might just be the phone.

Whenever I get a new phone, I always keep it a 'virgin' the first couple days... I didnt download anything! It still shut off on me.

Now I have a few apps installed and my contacts in and it still just does it.

Search Google, it seems to be a very common issue. =( 

It's not a problem with Verizon as I and others on another Revolution forum have called VZW and they say there is no record of this problem 

0 Likes
xcslx

Go check out some other Revolution forums, Verizon has been telling everyone (including me) that they have NO record of this problem.... a simple Google search will yield that this certainly is a legit problem.

Its not a Verizon issue - its a LG Revolution issue. Im sure with future updates this will get solved, its just annoying for the time being....

0 Likes
chrispythor

Add me to the list of having the phone shut off..even when it has no downloaded apps.  3 Phones now as replacements and the same problem. Same lies about not hearing about the issue.  Considering the Charge, Thunderbolt, Revolution, and now the Bionic all have the same problem when switching from 3g to 4g I SAY IT IS VERIZONS problem not the hardware. Look in the 4g forum.

0 Likes
exscream

Had my Pantech Breakout for two days. It shuts down about every 5 minutes aand powers back up. Its very annoying, because this process takes a while. I Googled this phone and saw that this was happening to a lot of Pantech owners. I do not download apps. I just use the phone and loaded it with phone numbers. I am still exploring how to use it, but I get these annoying interuptions.

0 Likes
exscream

I downloaded the software upgrade and have not had a problem since

0 Likes