HTC Droid Eris Touchscreen Dead Spots
scarson81

Cannot seem to figure this out.  Anyone have any suggestions?  Can't get an upgrade now or it will cost me a fortune!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HTC Droid Eris Touchscreen Dead Spots
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Are there many spots on your display that do not respond? How and when did this start for you? Was it over a period of time, or did it all happen at once? Did you notice that, at the time this happened, an app was downloaded or the device was dropped or got wet? 

You may want to try a soft reset. Please remove the battery from the phone while it is powered on. Then, wait at least 60 seconds. After this time has elapsed, re-attach the battery and power the phone on. Then, please test the touch screen on the phone. 

Please let us know if this information is helpful. If the soft reset does not resolve the issue, please include any answers to the questions above, so we can assist in getting to the root cause of this issue for you. 

Thank you!

0 Likes
atl_sud

I'm having the same issue with the Eris.  The lower left quadrant where the screen icon for the apps and the screen phone icon do not respond. 

When trying to use the phone, the keyboard icon and the Call icon do not respond.

I have attempted a soft and hard reset. Still no improvement.

This issue just started happening this morning.  The phone has not been dropped or wet.

0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

atl_sud wrote:

I'm having the same issue with the Eris.  The lower left quadrant where the screen icon for the apps and the screen phone icon do not respond. 

When trying to use the phone, the keyboard icon and the Call icon do not respond.

I have attempted a soft and hard reset. Still no improvement.

This issue just started happening this morning.  The phone has not been dropped or wet.

atl_sud,

I do apologize for any inconvenience the touch screen issues may be causing you!  And I do understand your frustration!  I would be happy to assist.

Just two more questions, have you installed any "Antivirus" applications or are you using any Privacy Protectors on your Eris?  Both have posed some screen issues with the HTC DROID Eris.  If so, remove them and retest.

Let me know if you are still experiencing issues with your screen after completing these steps!

0 Likes
madduckcs

i am having the same problem, i did reset and do whatever it was sugguested on forum but i still have problem.

i haven't install any new software before this problem happen.

is there solution for this?

0 Likes
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello madduckcs,

Thanks for the reply. You input in greatly appreciated on this topic. May I ask is there a specific area in which you have the dead spots or it randomly on the screen? Also, do you notice it all the time or on certain apps. Based on the info that you and other community members have shared, it may be a product issue. Once you reply to the questions that I have asked above, I can open a product issue report for this concern. 

Thank you...

0 Likes
Medincalif
I have 2 of this same model, both with the same problem. There has been no new software or apps added. The worst part is my wife tried calling me yesterday while she was traveling but couldn't as the lower left quad was dead. This was the first time she had seen the problem. My phone started about two to three weeks ago. I was able to move the icons for the apps that were in that area to another page, different location. But, you cant do that with the number pad ot keyboard.
0 Likes
ryanttb

My girlfriend has an Eris and has the same issue. The dead spot is alwas on the next-to-lowest left eight of the screen:

oooo

oooo

--oo

oooo

I have trouble believing that this is a software issue. It seems too specific. However, we uninstalled Advanced Task Killer anyway and it did not fix the issue. She doesn't have anti-virus software installed.

Are there any other suggestions short of sending the phone to Verizon for repair? Let me know if you need more information.

Thank you!

0 Likes
ryanttb

Verizon Community double posted my reply. Sorry.

0 Likes
jcepeda

HTC ERIS - firmware version 2.1,  hardware version 0002

Hi,

Any resolution to the issue with the dead spot on the screen?

I'm getting dead spots on the left lower quadrant.

If you bring up the virtual keyboard, the upper arrow key and the Z are not responsive.

Doing a soft or hard reset will not do anything.

This seems to be a hardware issue.

What is Verizon's or HTC's warranty on this product?

0 Likes