Phone storage space is getting low on LG Ally-HELP
Benderama

I have an LG Ally that I actually like very well, however I keep getting the same message that phone storage is getting low. I have the bare minimum in apps on my phone as it is. I have cleared out my text messages and yet I keep getting the same message.

I used to have more apps, but like I said before, I now only have the bare minimum in apps so that I might try and regain some more storage for my phone. I cannot uninstall things like myspace or youtube video apps. I do not need or want these, however there are other apps that I would like. I also have a 4gb media card that my pictures are supposed to be stored on, but I am not sure if they are being stored there or on my internal memory.

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated since having a smart phone is all about having some pretty cool apps, yet I cannot seem to have any additional apps than came  than what came with the  phone.

Also, what would be a better droid phone for in the future with good internal storage?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Phone storage space is getting low on LG Ally-HELP
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Duh! Link!

http://community.vzw.com/t5/Cell-Phone-General-Devices/LG-Vortex-Low-internal-memory/m-p/550786

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Try the options listed in this thread. They should work for you too.

I think the LG Ally might have defaulted the picture storage on the sd card. Can you look at the contents of the sd card and see if there is a DCIM folder on it?

Any of the new higher end android phones will have more internal memory. If you want a slider phone with a physical keyboard, your current choices are slim. There is a rumored Droid3 supposedly coming in the future.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Duh! Link!

http://community.vzw.com/t5/Cell-Phone-General-Devices/LG-Vortex-Low-internal-memory/m-p/550786

0 Likes
Benderama

How can I look at contents without adding another app?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Can you turn off the phone and take the sd card out. Put the card in an card reader on your computer and view that way?

Or connect your phone to the computer with your usb cable as a disk drive?

0 Likes
TominqueBo_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello Benderama,

Ann154 gave two great ways to look at the content.  Are you still receiving the storage message?  If so, please let me know so I can further assist you.  Thank you. 

0 Likes
brandyheit

I am having this issue on my LG Vortex.  Every APP I have downloaded I have moved to my SD card.  I only have pre-installed apps on my  phone.

I'm getting tired of seeing this message and really love my phone.  Starting to regret my purchase.

Any help or advice?

I've cleared all cache and am trying to figure out how to put the pictures on my SD card instead of the phone itself.  I cannot figure it out.

0 Likes
e1m

When I go to the trash folder, I see that I have 3,219 emails.  So I click on trash and I notice at the top, highlighted in yellow, it reads "Phone storage is full! Delete some files to free space."  However, I cannot click on any to delete.  What am I doing wrong?

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi E1m,

Has the issue been resolved for you?  What email are you using? Gmail? Yahoo? Corporate email?

Please try this link and follow the steps to clear the cache and see if that resolves the issue. 

http://support.vzw.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=31782

Thank you!

0 Likes