how do I know if someone is blocking my text messages?
mikedb
0 Likes
Re: how do I know if someone is blocking my text messages?
DaniLove13
Contributor - Level 3
As far as I know, you can't tell.
0 Likes
mikedb
my messages are showing up with the "check mark" as sent but with a "D" above it. a verizon tech only said this is something called a pin text, between blackberry units. I know the person I'm trying to text does not have a blackberry, so it shouldn't apply. somewhere on here i saw another persons similar question and it stated that a blocked text would still show up as "sent". any help would be appreciated.
0 Likes
DaniLove13
Contributor - Level 3

If you text to a Verizon number the sent icon will always have something extra or look different than texts you send to other carriers.

They'll show as sent but the other party just won't get it. You'll never get any type of indicator saying that your text is blocked.

0 Likes
Michele-VzW
Contributor - Level 2

The "D" means delivered (the check mark means it went out of your phone, the "D" means the person you were texting recieved the text), you can turn this off in Options > SMS Text, I turned "Delivery Reports" ON.

0 Likes
Michele-VzW
Contributor - Level 2

"If you text to a Verizon number the sent icon will always have something extra or look different than texts you send to other carriers.

They'll show as sent but the other party just won't get it. You'll never get any type of indicator saying that your text is blocked."

DaniLove13 if your text is blocked you will get a text back stating it was blocked or that the user has privacy settings on.  You find more information about blocking at:

http://www.vzw.com/spamcontrols

0 Likes
DaniLove13
Contributor - Level 3

Michele-VzW wrote:

DaniLove13 if your text is blocked you will get a text back stating it was blocked or that the user has privacy settings on.  You find more information about blocking at:

http://www.vzw.com/spamcontrols

I had no idea they got a message back, Thanks for the info!

0 Likes
Michele-VzW
Contributor - Level 2

DaniLove

No problem!

0 Likes
stoneman32

I have called customer service and asked about this too myself... I had one say that there will be a notification if the text was blocked and others say it will appear as a normally sent message with no response.

I logged into my verizon and tried it under spam control. I entered my friends phone number and texted myself from his phone. The messages are blocked it never says whether or not the message was blocked, just seemed like a normal sent message.

0 Likes
Michele-VzW
Contributor - Level 2

Really...Maybe it depends on which way you block the texts.  Either all of them or just a few numbers are blocked.  Thanks for the follow up I am going to dig a little deeper and post my findings.

Again thank you for that, unfortunately I don't know everything yet :smileyhappy:

0 Likes