MiFi won't connect
MJMC

Have had the MiFi2200 since August.  In past three weeks it is connecting sporadically if at all.  I have done the upgrades as they came up and had to run a repair.  Both home computers have same issue.  Have unplugged power source and taken out battery in attempt to reset device.  Will seem to connect shortly if plug device into computer directly but then won't connect again if you shut down computer.  Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: MiFi won't connect
PDCLarry
Contributor - Level 1

MJMC wrote:

Have had the MiFi2200 since August.  In past three weeks it is connecting sporadically if at all.  I have done the upgrades as they came up and had to run a repair.  Both home computers have same issue.  Have unplugged power source and taken out battery in attempt to reset device.  Will seem to connect shortly if plug device into computer directly but then won't connect again if you shut down computer.  Any ideas?

Do a factory reset; use a paper clip in the reset hole in the bottom and hold for about 10 seconds.

Are you using it tethered by cable or WiFi? Have you tried it both ways?

0 Likes
MJMC

I have tried it both ways and seem to get it to work mostly by it being directly connected to the computer.  I will try the factory reset button to see if this works.

0 Likes
Beanyboy

I had the same problem with a Mifi 2352, I could connect via USB but not wirelessly with laptop, iphone, iPad

ANSWER:REMOVE THE APN COMPLETELY... 
IF THIS DOESNT WORK, DO A RESET TO FACTORY DEFAULTS USING THE MENU: SYSTEM STATUS > RESET TO FACTORY DEFAULTS AND MAKE SURE THERE IS NO APN AFTER YOU RESTART THE MIFI

I can now connect via USB and Wireless

Good Luck

0 Likes