Re: UML290 4G Device
SqueakyDuck

If you go to your Windows device manager, you can disable the option on the modem for Windows to turn it off. It will be in the network devices (the green devices on the device tree). This should be disabled on all network devices anyway to ensure you always have a connection.

0 Likes
SqueakyDuck

I had a chat with a couple of Verizon techs - turns out they DO have a problem with their 4G network devices. I have a Pantech UML290 that keeps disconnecting and powering off too.What is happening is that the device is overloading the USB interface by trying to pass data faster than its connection can handle resulting in device lockup. This is a known flaw with some 4G devices that use a USB 1.x chip that can pass data at only 5Mb in or out maximum speed and the modem can do up to 12Mb in or out.. 3G does not have this problem since the data moves at only 1.4Mb in or out maximum by design. Hopefully this gets resolved soon for all of you 4G device users.

After talking with a tech, they are sending me a Novatel USB760 3G modem that allegedly works fine on their network with no issues and should work fine on my Zoom 3G router.  I will post my results after I get it and try it out. I hope it works since I live where thee is no DSL or cable and the only option is dialup:smileymad:

0 Likes
SqueakyDuck

OK, it's been a few days using my new 3G Novatel USB760 modem - IT ROCKS!

The connection is surprisingly reliable and works fine on my Zoom 3G router with no problems at all.

Until Verizon gets their 4G issue fixed I will stick with this modem. I'm happy with it.:smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
Not applicable
Dude, you're talking to yourself. This is another old thread that you dug up.
0 Likes