Re: EnV Touch Update
KlineAJ

Go to your local Verizon Store to have your EnV Touch updated to the latest software release (still V09).

0 Likes
dancingechoes

I just got the version 09 update last night, now the phone frequently shuts down and takes forever to restart itself when using the browser. With the version 08 software it would usually give me a message saying "Insufficient Memory" that would allow me to hit the 'End' button quickly to avoid a shut off and restart, although it would sometimes just shut down and restart with no warning. I got the update after reading that it would solve this issue, but it has just made it worse. Any word on a version 10 update to possibly fix this mess?

0 Likes
dancingechoes

Ok, it's been a month since I came here for help and I still have no answer. Why did the 09 update make my phone's browser even worse? What can I do to fix it, if anything? I don't even get the standard 'Take it to your nearest Verizon retailer' answer? What's with that? I guess my answer is to pony up a couple hundred bucks to change service to AT&T and get me a **bleep** iPhone then. I'm about sick of this crap. Verizon charges me an arm and a leg for service, has no flexibility in their plans, and gives me absolutely no support when I have problems.

0 Likes
mebobc

It's now a year after the last post!!!  I have just started having the same problem (phone restarting when trying to use the browser)   I don't know what update version I have (I took it to a Verizon store for some other reason..they updated the software which took about 1/2 hr)  Now this is happening.  Does anyone know if they have come up with a fix?  Otherwise the browser is USELESS!!

Thanks

0 Likes
jdhogg
Regarding the reboots when starting the browser...are you using the Mobile Email app? My EnV Touch used to reboot all the time when starting the browser. When I switched from "Mobile Email" to "Mobile Email - Latest Version" (by Seven), the problem went away completely. I haven't had a reboot in months.
0 Likes
lindsaynrice

Hello, 

I recently switched from an LG ENV 2 to an LG ENV Touch. I love the phone and I have accepted it's functional flaws, but my data usage is out of control. I need email and Facebook access for work purposes mostly, on my ENV2 I had 75mb and I could email/Facebook as much as my heart desired and never go over 75. Now I've had the Touch for about 1 week and I'm already halfway up to my 75mb limit and I've had to cut out my Facebook usage entirely and only check my email a few times a day. Is this supposed to happen with this phone?
If so i might be going back to the ENV2 or 3.

Thanks,

Lindsay

0 Likes
jdhogg

If you haven't yet downloaded the Opera Mini-Browser, try it.  It may be more data efficient than the default browser.

0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

mebobc wrote:

It's now a year after the last post!!!  I have just started having the same problem (phone restarting when trying to use the browser)   I don't know what update version I have (I took it to a Verizon store for some other reason..they updated the software which took about 1/2 hr)  Now this is happening.  Does anyone know if they have come up with a fix?  Otherwise the browser is USELESS!!

Thanks

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with the ENV Touch restarting when using the browser. Let's first check to see what SW version you have.

With the Flip Closed, from the main screen, tap Phone Icon, press [#] [4] [3] [5] [7] [4] [3] [5] [7] [*] 

Once you have done that, about 5 lines down, you will see SW Version. The most recent version should be  VX11KV11

If you have an older version, please update by following these steps:

From the main screen, tap Menu ::
Tap Settings & Tools
Tap Phone Info
Tap Software Update
Tap Status or Check Now
If you have the most recent version, you will need to clear your internet files by following these steps. Once you have completed these steps, power the phone off, remove the battery for up to 5 seconds. Once you have the battery back in the phone, power it on again & retry the browser.
0 Likes