Not able to download multimedia messages: Samsung Intensity II
HannahS

I'm having trouble downloading multimedia messages on my Samsung Intensity II. I don't know if I have disabled something on my account or what. Anytime I get multimedia messages from friends and hit the download button it comes up saying "Message Receipt Failed." What is wrong and how can I fix it?

Thanks,

Hannah

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Not able to download multimedia messages: Samsung Intensity II
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
It could be a few different things. How is your signal? Do you have full service, or or you in an extended network, or roaming? Are there any data blocks on the line?

Is the message that fails always from the same person, or is it ALL multi-media messages? Perhaps the messages are too large? (Are they video files, image files?)

Lots of questions; the answers will help us figure this out. You can also try calling Customer service (800-922-0204) to see if messaging is properly set up on your line.
0 Likes
Diski

I am unable to download photos that friends & family send me on my Samsung Intensity ll. ALL photos I get I am unable to download-I get 

Message Recept Failed.The last one was 30 kb but I don't know if that is concidered a large file.

The problem is from various senders. This phone is not a smartphone, so we don't have a data plan.

Not sure if I have a 'data block' on my plan-how can I check that?

I have a Nationwide plan, but even in my home turf I can't download.

Have already tried *228 to no effect.

This phone also tries to automatically Backup (VERY annoying) and fortunately, is unable to do so- I get a DNS not valid message. How do I get this phone to turn off this annoying feature?

Do I need to somehow set the phone up to receive and download photos, and if I can manage that, how do I turn off the automatic contact backup? I don't want to pay for this Backup feature (which it likes to do at midnight while I am asleep!).

Thanks for the help!

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Diski wrote:

I am unable to download photos that friends & family send me on my Samsung Intensity ll. ALL photos I get I am unable to download-I get 

Message Recept Failed.The last one was 30 kb but I don't know if that is concidered a large file.  No, it's not a large file, and should download without a problem, IF there is no data block.  But it sounds like that's the issue...

The problem is from various senders. This phone is not a smartphone, so we don't have a data plan.

Not sure if I have a 'data block' on my plan-how can I check that? Call Customer service (800-922- 0204 or 611 from your handset).  You can also log on as the account owner and check your features and service blocks.

I have a Nationwide plan, but even in my home turf I can't download.

Have already tried *228 to no effect.

This phone also tries to automatically Backup (VERY annoying) and fortunately, is unable to do so- I get a DNS not valid message. That tells me there likely IS a data block on the phone.  How do I get this phone to turn off this annoying feature?  It's Backup Assistant, and is set to backup each night; it's not a bad thing except for the fact that you  have a data block so it doesn't work.  :smileysad:

Do I need to somehow set the phone up to receive and download photos, and if I can manage that, how do I turn off the automatic contact backup? I don't want to pay for this Backup feature (which it likes to do at midnight while I am asleep!). Backup Assistant is free, and there is no charge for the data it uses.  If it does it's thing correctly, it's not even noticeable as it happens quickly without any intervention from you.

Thanks for the help!

Call customer service, and have them remove the TOTAL data block, but tell them you still want to send and receive picture messages and have web access blocked.  And I'd leave the Backup Assistant - you can go into your Media Center and uninstall it if you want but it's handy when it works right - makes transferring contacts and editing them much easier....IMHO.

Good luck!

0 Likes