Front Facing Camera for skype!!
niceneasy07

One of the main reasons for getting this 350 dollar phone is for the front facing camera for skypeing my business partners and girlfriend who lives hours away. Why would you take away the option of a FFC with the Android update? Isn't that the point of a FFC to see the person you are talking to?? Please make an update soon that includes this. My relationship with Verizon and my girlfriend depend on this....

0 Likes
Re: Front Facing Camera for skype!!
Ambushbug

Verizon has aboslutely nothing to do with it, the app is made and released by Skype who is now owned by Microsoft. Not saying you shouldn't complain, just might want to direct it at Skype and Microsoft :smileywink:

The good thing is the FFC works on phones running Gingerbread which HTC said earlier this week would be out this quarter, take that for what it's worth.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

+1 on that, you are preaching to the wrong choir because Verizon isnt the issue in this situation..

0 Likes
dchitnis

This is not true. Skype has released the video calling support in its app. For being able to use multiple cameras, Android OS platform 2.3 is required as documented here http://developer.android.com/sdk/android-2.3.html . Verizon & HTC are blaming Skype to hide their in-ability to deliver Android OS platform 2.3   which is not fair.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

In the reality situation, if the developer hold update until the os is refined for better support user are upset and if they release it before its ready the users are upset, so many want thing when they want is because others got it, this would be a wonderful world if this is how things works.. 

From what I noticed from reports the hold up seems to be along Android 2.3 supporting the Verizon LTE radio and they are trying to resolve this hiccup.

0 Likes
dchitnis

Great, so now you agree that Verizon released a piece of hardware with advertising features that they could not support and they are still working on it, when I, the consumer paid through the nose to have this device, which is 4 months old already.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I do not remember reading on Verizon website to support Skype...  They just report that it will be available. 

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2
yeah, it was common knowledge well before release that Skype wouldn't be included on the Thunderbolt.

niceneasy07 wrote:

Please make an update soon that includes this. My relationship with Verizon and my girlfriend depend on this....

lol.  Tell her to use yahoo or one of the various other versions that developers have made compatible with Froyo.  Blame Skype for being lazy and breaking functionality to not make it be backwards compatible.

0 Likes
dchitnis

Really? How about this advertisement http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TYVkXy0TeA&feature=related

0 Likes
dchitnis

PJNC284 wrote:
yeah, it was common knowledge well before release that Skype wouldn't be included on the Thunderbolt.

niceneasy07 wrote:

Please make an update soon that includes this. My relationship with Verizon and my girlfriend depend on this....

lol.  Tell her to use yahoo or one of the various other versions that developers have made compatible with Froyo.  Blame Skype for being lazy and breaking functionality to not make it be backwards compatible.

May be you should click on the link I provided in an earlier comment to check the official OS requirement for multiple cameras. To make it easy for you, here is the link again (http://developer.android.com/sdk/android-2.3.html). It is easy to laugh on people, it is difficult to stand up for the right thing.

0 Likes