Casio commando very sloooow response
mikeg57

I have had this phone for about 5 weeks...worked fine for a couple weeks,now it is super slow,like the antenna is real weak..

It seems I barely have one signal bar 90% of the time..Is there an inherent antenna / signal issue with this phone..?  

I hit a button,and it takes 15-20 seconds for it to respond..Thats on everything..I send an email,and it takes forever to send...

Once in a while it works fine,but mostly just keeps hanging up...

AM I doing something wrong,or is the phone bad....? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Casio commando very sloooow response
TominqueBo_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello BCinSC,

I do understand having a sluggish device can be a bit frustrating.  Clearing the cache is a very effective troubleshooting step that may assist in cases such as this.  Since that step did not assist you I would try to clear the cache/data on the specific applications you mentioned.  You can do so by navigating to Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>All>Find the apps you are referring to and clear cache/data.  Power cycle the device and test.  If you are still unsuccessful I would complete a factory reset on the device.  Please keep in mind this will erase everything on the device so please back up if desired.  You can do this by going to Settings>Privacy>Factory Data Reset>Reset Phone>Erase Everything.  The device will power cycle and will prompt activation by choosing option 1.  Please let me know how the device operates after the reset.  Thank you.  

View solution in original post

0 Likes
robertjglenn
Enthusiast - Level 3

Fastest and easiest is to wipe the phone and start over.  Yes, a major pain but there is something in your phone that it doesn't like.  If that doesn't fix it, then perhaps a call to CS so they can tell you to wipe the phone and some other pointless tasks.  Hopefully you can get them to send you a "Certified Pre-Owned Phone" that you will have better luck with.

I had to call in when my magnometer quit working (no compass, no screen rotation, etc).  The Certified Pre-Owned phone has worked much better, so far.

0 Likes
BCinSC
Same experience here, but I know the cause. My Commando went from decent to horrible response with the OTA update to 050. I wish I could revert back to original firmware. Practically unusable now.
0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

BCinSC wrote:
Same experience here, but I know the cause. My Commando went from decent to horrible response with the OTA update to 050. I wish I could revert back to original firmware. Practically unusable now.

Hi BCinSC,

I understand your discontent. I would be frustrated if my phone didn't perform as expected. While you cannot revert to previous software version, clearing the Cache on your phone may greatly improve the responsiveness of it. Please visit the link below for instructions to clear the Cache, History and Cookies on your phone.

Clear Temporary Internet Files - Casio GzOne Commando C771

0 Likes
BCinSC

I'm not sure how clear the browser cache is going to help sluggish access to phone functions and crashing Home app, Market App, and Sync app, but I did it anyway.  No change.

0 Likes
TominqueBo_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello BCinSC,

I do understand having a sluggish device can be a bit frustrating.  Clearing the cache is a very effective troubleshooting step that may assist in cases such as this.  Since that step did not assist you I would try to clear the cache/data on the specific applications you mentioned.  You can do so by navigating to Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>All>Find the apps you are referring to and clear cache/data.  Power cycle the device and test.  If you are still unsuccessful I would complete a factory reset on the device.  Please keep in mind this will erase everything on the device so please back up if desired.  You can do this by going to Settings>Privacy>Factory Data Reset>Reset Phone>Erase Everything.  The device will power cycle and will prompt activation by choosing option 1.  Please let me know how the device operates after the reset.  Thank you.  

0 Likes