Backup Assistant Online Access
JDW123

I installed Backup Assistant on my wife's phone. The app says that her numbers were backed up. I want to use the online assistant and link this to her Gmail account. After logging into my Verizon account, I select her phone and click on Backup Assistant. That gets me to a screen with directions on installing the app on the phone. When I select "Continue," I get ...

Oops!  Make sure you've downloaded Backup Assistant to device . You can only view contacts for the number that is currently signed in. If you're trying to access Backup Assistant for other lines on your account, please sign off and sign in with that number.

I am signed in with the correct phone and it is installed.  Please help!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Backup Assistant Online Access
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

JDW123 wrote:

I installed Backup Assistant on my wife's phone. The app says that her numbers were backed up. I want to use the online assistant and link this to her Gmail account. After logging into my Verizon account, I select her phone and click on Backup Assistant.  This is where the error is happening - you need to set up a separate account for EACH phone number.  Log out of your account, close the browser, then reopen it and go to verizonwireless.com.  If you are still logged in to your account, you'll need to clear your cookies and cache and get to the point where you can go to verizonwireless.com and NOT be logged in. 

Then click REGISTER, and create an account for your WIFE's phone number, with a different username and password.  Once that is done, and you are logged in with HER number, her contacts will be there.

HTH - let me know if you need any more help.

That gets me to a screen with directions on installing the app on the phone. When I select "Continue," I get ...

Oops!  Make sure you've downloaded Backup Assistant to device . You can only view contacts for the number that is currently signed in. If you're trying to access Backup Assistant for other lines on your account, please sign off and sign in with that number.

I am signed in with the correct phone and it is installed.  Please help!

0 Likes