Pantech UML290 WMC2002 error
zoso20

Had a user bring in his laptop that has been working finefor a couple of months with aPantech UML290. Friday it would  not connect and it now gets a WMC2002 error. I am not able to find any info on this error.

Any ideas or pointers on how to solve this one?

Laptop stats;

IBM Lenovo R61

Win XP SP3

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Pantech UML290 WMC2002 error
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks! I also got your personal message and replied. Please have a look at it and let me know. Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
willzzz99
Contributor - Level 3

Uninstall VZAccess completely and all iterations of it.

Install the latest VZAccess for the card from http://www.vzam.net.

It should work now, if it prompts you to do a firmware update, DO IT, then reboot when it tells you to.

Even when all set and done reboot the computer and it will work fine.

0 Likes
zoso20

Did all that and rebooted and I am still getting the same error.

0 Likes
willzzz99
Contributor - Level 3

Do a SIM card reset as it will FORCE it to redo all the settings fresh from the VZW network.

Shut-off computer. Take USB modem out. Remove SIM card physically. Wait 10 seconds. Put it back in. Put modem back into computer. Boot computer.

0 Likes
zoso20

still getting the same error after the force reset

0 Likes
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Great troubleshooting, community members! Zoso20, if this hasn't been fixed yet, please send me a personal message with your name and phone number. Thanks!

0 Likes
rcleveland

I work for a Non-Profit, and they just got a bunch of these.

The very first one I tried to install keeps giving this error message no matter what I do.

Have un-installed, re-installed, sim remove and re-insert, nothing.

Have changed USB ports, did the firmware update (on very first install, has not asked about it again).

Odd thing is, that there is now a network port accociated with it, and it keeps going into a disabled state.

It is getting really annoying.

I have about 10-15 of these yet to install on other systems, and if a solid solution is not available I am going to recommend they just return all of them and keep the 3G cards we have now.

I am not impressed so far with this card.

0 Likes
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks! I also got your personal message and replied. Please have a look at it and let me know. Thanks!

0 Likes
dsm382

I just tried everything i see here and it fixed the first error message but now i have this one  the WMC2002

how do i get past it ?

0 Likes
dsm382

DOH!! that's what I get for trusting the folks in OUR office they tell me everything.

I just got off the phone with Dion and he was VERY VERY helpful.

turns out it was NOT a Verizon problem, it was our company had not activated this card yet.

I am up online working.

Once again thank you to Dion for all the help and the VERY QUICK response.....

0 Likes