How to choose the "preferred Network"
jaxgirl3278
Enthusiast - Level 1

My phone automatically defaulted to "Global mode". Is this correct or should it be in CDMA or GSM/UMTS mode? Also, does this affect my ability to send text messages b/c I haven't been able to send them with this phone and tech support doesn't seem to be able to resolve my issue.

Thanks!

Re: How to choose the "preferred Network"
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

jaxgirl3278 wrote:

My phone automatically defaulted to "Global mode". Is this correct or should it be in CDMA or GSM/UMTS mode? Also, does this affect my ability to send text messages b/c I haven't been able to send them with this phone and tech support doesn't seem to be able to resolve my issue.

Thanks!

Hi jaxgirl3278,

You can change your preferred network to CDMA by following the instructions below:

• From a home screen, select the applications tab (located in the lower left).
  • Select Settings.
  • Select Wireless & networks.
  • Select Mobile networks.
  • Select Preferred Networks.
  • Select CDMA.
  • Also make sure that Enable always -on mobile data box is checked. 

Global mode does not interfere with text messaging and you should be able to send your messages. In order for our forum members to assist you please provide some more information.

Are you able to receive text messages?

Are you able to send any text messages at all to any of your contacts?

Do you use the native text messaging application or a third party text messaging application?

Have you ever added a messaging block feature to your account?

Please keep in mind that in order to resolve text messaging issues your account may need to be accessed and feature re-provisioned and our forum members may not be able to resolve this issue for you. If you prefer to send me a private message including your name and wireless number I will be happy to review

0 Likes