No 4g signal inside of my workplace.
lizmike1010

I sit next to the window and can see the tower outside but cant get 4g service inside. But if i step outside I get full bars.... Any idea what is up with the service?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: No 4g signal inside of my workplace.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Are you sure that tower is a Verizon tower?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
speedy1979
Enthusiast - Level 2

On your device go to settings>about phone>status scroll down to signal strength you'll see a number that begins with -xx db.  This measure of your signal strengh is more accurate than those bars.  

-45 dB is extremely good (the tower is very close possibly across the street  while -75 to -85 is good and -95  is week but usable and -105 is dead.

Fellow members feel free to correct me if im wrong.

0 Likes
lizmike1010

It is bouncing between -75 and -80 dbm. So I am guessing that is not a Verizon tower out there?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
-75 dBm is a good signal, but are you sure that is the 4G LTE signal or the CDMA signal? I know the signal number listed in the About phone > status on the Tbolt is the CDMA signal only.

Try this application to get both signal strengths.

http://market.android.com/details?id=com.moddedlogic.android.SignalStatus

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
lizmike1010

Switches back to 3g as soon as I step into the building. I thought 4g was built to better penetrate building?

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Neat app Ann i might have to try it on one of little Androids Lol !  did you get that Task pannel app.  the free or paid version  

0 Likes
lizmike1010

Downloaded app.

Shows -80 dbm CDMA  and -85 EVDO when I am not facing the window, but -74 CDMA and -68 EVDO when facing the window.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
The EDVO signal is really good facing the windows. The -85 is passable.

Are you using the LTE OnOff app? Can you please try to change your phone to LTE only in the building? Just to see if the signal type changes.

I wonder if the building has 3G repeaters that are overriding the 4G LTE signal.

And yes the 700 mhz bands that Verizon is using for LTE is supposed to get through building construction better than the other bands.

0 Likes
lizmike1010

I switched to LTE only and get -77dbm CDMA and -120 dbm EVDO. Only get the 1x symbol now up top. Isnt that the voice network?

0 Likes