"Phone not authenticated"
SPDougie

I've had my phone for a while and it has been working great and used it a bunch today.

Then earlier tonight I noticed my text messages weren't being sent.  Then I tried to make a phone call and instead of going through after a couple rings it sent me to a verizon automated operator and says to complete this call you can use a credit card.  I tried again and it said it couldn't authenticate the phone im using.

Anyone have any ideas about this, why this would happen or any solutions?  I called customer support but of course this happens once they are closed.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: "Phone not authenticated"
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

Are you somehow on a prepaid account? Or have you gone over your minutes/usage for the month?

0 Likes
SPDougie

Nope I'm not pre-paid, 450 mins and unlimited text and data.  I check everything online and i never go over the minutes.  It is just something that started randomly tonight after never having this problem before.

0 Likes
SPDougie

And for some reason everything is working now.  I'm guessing there might have been a problem locally with the network or towers because besides that I have no idea why this would have happened and magically came back on after it didnt work with a battery pull, *228, and #8899 but oh well.

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

SPDougie wrote:

And for some reason everything is working now.  I'm guessing there might have been a problem locally with the network or towers because besides that I have no idea why this would have happened and magically came back on after it didnt work with a battery pull, *228, and #8899 but oh well.

Well that's odd! Never heard of that one before. But I'm glad it's working for you now!

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

This happened to me when my device roamed onto a unregistered tower in the area that Verizon doesnt have access to use without a card to be charged,   Usually power off and on will resolve this, also toggling air plane mode works also...

Also you can set phone on Home Only to avoid this happening again..

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend
a new one for me too.
0 Likes