does lg voyager need data package?
kda1

i wanting to buy a lg voyager and put it on a prepaid plan, but i dont want to have to have a data package. does it need one? i seen one thing say it doesn't, but i want to make sure.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: does lg voyager need data package?
CellPhoneTech

No, the LG Voyager has never and will never require a data package. 

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
CellPhoneTech is right, the Voyager does not need a data plan. The bad news is, I don't think it's usable on a pre-paid plan because it is a multi-media 3G capable phone. :smileysad:
0 Likes
Not applicable

Thank you everyone! The LG Voyager does not require a data plan and can be activated on a prepay account. 

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
OK--next question for you Marquia - can the Voyager be activated and used on the DAILY pre-paid plans, or is it only able to be used on the monthly (due to the fact that it is a touchscreen, 3G capable device?) If so, that would make it more expensive than a post-paid, and in my mind, defeats the purpose and benefits of a pre-paid plan....
0 Likes
Not applicable

SuzyQ wrote:
OK--next question for you Marquia - can the Voyager be activated and used on the DAILY pre-paid plans, or is it only able to be used on the monthly (due to the fact that it is a touchscreen, 3G capable device?) If so, that would make it more expensive than a post-paid, and in my mind, defeats the purpose and benefits of a pre-paid plan....

You can use the Voyager on any prepay plan we offer.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Thanks! That's good information to know...
0 Likes
TheZachLee

Has anyone activated the LG Voyager on a prepaid plan?

0 Likes
TheZachLee

I just bought an LG Voyager to use on a prepaid plan because it was told in this post that it is possible. I tried activating it by both the activation number (*22898) and by calling Verizon. I talked to 2 different representatives about activating the phone on a prepaid plan and they both told me that it could not be done. Please don't tell me I wasted money on this phone.

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

I would IM MarquiaF, the person that responded affirmative above, but understand that answer was 4 months ago so things may have changed.

0 Likes