Re: Droid X stuck at Moto Logo
Wildman
Legend

docmarkc wrote:

YAY!  Fixored!

I ended up downloading RSD Light and then hunting around for a copy of the standard Froyo flash...  Plugged in the phone at the bootloader screen.  Opened RSA light, loaded the flash and clicked go.

About 15 minutes later the phone rebooted and GASP!  All my data, apps, texts, call history, contacts everythig was still there and working fine.

Then the update message arrivedand I did a backup of my phone...  and ran the update.  Now Gingerbread is running and I am problem free.

It isn't complex but it is against the sites rules to give instructions, and the software hasn't been released to public so it isn't exactly legal to posses the software, this is why a large amount of sites that shared the files where forced to remove the links.

Just pointing out the facts because not knowing isn't a good defense these days,,,.

0 Likes
duffyzmom

:smileyhappy:Just wanted to report - less than 24 hours and son's phone is fixed.  It took a little calling around this morning but I found a store with tech support and flashing capability.  Only a 25 minute drive and about 30 minutes of standing around playing with all the new tablets and phones and it is back to normal. 

When I say normal, I mean old Froyo version.  The tech said we could try the update again to see what happens.  I've encouraged son to wait until Sunday night and then follow Wildman's recommendations for hard reset first.  That way if it acts up again.  I can take it back to store on Monday while he is at school.  Meanwhile, he can mess around with mine and decide if he really feels the need for this updated version.  I have found a couple minor issues.  Lag time on swipe and a couple of apps that are forcing close.  I'm assuming the app issues will be fixed with updates and so far am liking this version.

Thanks again - for the help and encouragement!

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

I think you should already consider the device Factory reset after your trip to the store...  

FYI - many of us in the SOAK group did NOT perform a Factory Reset and had absolutely no issues - other than the ones that everyone is getting/seeing, like functions changing,new colors, etc.   YMMV

Glad you at least got it up and working again.

0 Likes
luckyhawaiianWA
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same problem. and tried mulitple times to get it to do a factory reset with no success...:smileysad:    please help

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

luckyhawaiianWA wrote:

I am having the same problem. and tried mulitple times to get it to do a factory reset with no success...:smileysad:    please help

What do you mean no success with factory resetting, what is the device doing and which way are you resetting...

Try this...

Power Device Off First.....

1. Hold Home Button and press power

2. Screen will show a Android with a triangle with astrick

3. Let Go of Home Button and Power

4. Press Volume Up and Down Button

5. A blue menu will show at top of page, scroll to Factory reset Device

6. Select Power Button to verify

7. Allow format to complete (Information at bottom of page will go through a few steps)

8. Once Format is complete Blue Menu will show at top again, select Reboot

Note: Use volume up and down to select opinion and use camera button as Enter,,,

0 Likes
luckyhawaiianWA
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry for not clarifying....I actually meant it is stuck on the red motorola icon. I have tried, many times, holding the Home button, then the power button together for up to almost 10 minutes. I was finally able to get to the "!" screen with the little Droid guy, but nothing seems to have worked when I got to that point.

Also, it wont do anything unless it is plugged into the wall charger, not sure if this is a seperate issue, or maybe my battery suddenly cannot charge at all??  Thank u for help:smileyhappy:

0 Likes