Droid X wont turn on
MSL1

My Droid X wont turn on after my battery died.  I plugged it into the wall outlet over night and it still wont start.  I have pulled the battery and the sd card but still cant get it to turn on.  I have tested the battery and it is ok

Any ideas?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droid X wont turn on
Cody21
Master - Level 2

How long did you remove the battery for? I've heard reports that if you totally drain it, you have to leave it out for like 5 mins or something - not a simple remove and reinsert right away.  Otherwise sounds like you're due a trip to Verizon. 

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

PS - when you said you "tested the battery  and it is OK", what do you mean by that? How tested? How many Volts? Is this the STOCK battery you're using? not an OEM, right?

0 Likes
MSL1

I used the battery in another x and that battery in mine.  worked ok in the other phone, my phone wouldnt start.

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Trip to verizon then ...  they can run some system tests on it - and (gulp) swap it out if it's what it appears to be - a hardware problem.  If you have stuff saved on your SD card that you want to keep, make sure you swap it into the new phone.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Try unplugging device, pull battery, press and hold power button for ten seconds and then place battery back in and try powering up..

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Interesting ... what does that actually do @Wildman?

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend
i'm waiting for his answer too.
0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Cody21 wrote:

Interesting ... what does that actually do @Wildman?

Sorry had phone issues that took me offline for a bit....

The reason they say to remove the battery and leave it off is to allow the device to discharge the stored power that the device reserves to the system, on some systems if you pull the battery and then attempt to power the device this stored energy will be dispersed because it is recieving the signal that you want the device to power up and send the remaining power to the system to try to start rhe device but since the battery isnt there it will simply just deplete the stored charge faster.. 

This also works on PC to remove any stored power before removing it from a case, think of it as the same thing as removing a desktops backup battery and then switching the jumper on the board, it causes a quick pulse of power left in system to be released.

0 Likes
tabiabby

I am having the exact same issue. battery power died and after i plugged it in it won't turn on. please let me know if you find a solution.

0 Likes