Accuweather Widget Won't Display Temperature In 3 Digits Correctly
Davidoo
Contributor - Level 3

I swear I only hit to post this once.....this is the third time I have had it double post on me.  Maybe an IE9 issue?

I have the Accuweather widget that came loaded on my Samsung Charge phone.  Here in Phoenix the temperature is regularly over 100 as it is in many other areas of the country right now.  There is a bug in the widget that whenever the temperature is between 100 and 109 the zero in the middle does not display.  For example, if it is 100 it displays the temp as 10 degrees.  106 displays as 16.  Once the temp exceeds 110 it correctly displays all digits....as it did yesterday when we hit 118. 

I wrote an inquiry to technical support at Accuweather, and of course, they claim no knowledge of this widget and say to contact Verizon or Samsung as it is their fault.  This is the one thing I detest about new technology as when it doesn't work, no one will help get it resolved, it is always the other party.  I'm sure if I were to write Samsung they would say it is Accuweather that is responsible.

Anyone else in the hotter areas of the country noticed this? 

Dave 

0 Likes
Re: Accuweather Widget Won't Display Temperature In 3 Digits Correctly
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Yes duplicate posts are a compatibility issue with IE9 and this forum. Try turning on the compatibility mode.

Have you checked to see if Accuweather had an update for the application/widget in the Market?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Davidoo
Contributor - Level 3

Thanks for the response. I do not find an updated Accuweather widget like this one. I contacted them and they basically said you're on your own....go to Verizon. I know 2 other people who have this phone and they both told me today the temperature displayed as 19 degrees when it was 109 degrees outside.

0 Likes
vidguy7
Contributor - Level 2

I think the real question is, did it make you feel any cooler? :smileywink:

0 Likes
Davidoo
Contributor - Level 3

That's funny, however,  it didn't make me feel cooler.  We had temps as hight as 118 the last few days.  I thought maybe it was set to the north pole or something when I saw 19 degrees.  This is more of an annoyance than anything.  Just seems to me this is an easy fix and someone programmed it not to show a zero in the middle of 3 digits.  A programmer could fix this in one minute probably.

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you Ann154, for your contribution. I would like to add some additional information.

Since the application is what is determining the temperature, if it is displaying the incorrect temperature, the root cause is with the application itself. In addition, I have checked my resources for a known issue regarding your concerns, and there is not a known issue with the Samsung Charge.

You are able to contact Accuweather online here or by calling 814-235-8650.

Thank you very much and have a great day!

0 Likes
Davidoo
Contributor - Level 3

Christina, please read the first post I made in this thread.  I already contacted Accuweather and they responded that they don't have anything to do with the widget and it is a Verizon or Samsung issue.  Why is it when there is a problem you always get pointed elsewhere.  It is a Verizon phone loaded widget that comes from the factory and it does not work.  Verizon should help and not send me a link to someone I have already contacted.

0 Likes