Using Cellular Modem with Android Tablet
Artman1122

I have an Android Tablet (ASUS EEE Pad Transformer) that has USB ports.  Is it possible to use my Verizon USB cellular modem with this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Using Cellular Modem with Android Tablet
bearone21
Legend
no, only if you pay the $20 & phone will be a hotspot.
0 Likes
TominqueBo_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello Artman1122,

Can you please advise me what type of device you have?  From there I will be able to advise you if this action is possible and provide more details?  Thank you.  

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
@VZW employee

The OP has a wifi only android tablet (ASUS EEE pad Transformer) with USB support. They also have a Verizon USB modem stick with an existing 3G or 4G broadband plan. They want to plug in the USB stick into the tablet and connect to the Internet through the USB stick with the tablets.

I was able to gather all that information from their post. Personally I think it is possible, but the only snag I can see is the VZ Access Manager.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Thank you for your inquiry and thanks everyone for your suggestions. You will not be able to use a USB modem with a tablet. Ann, is correct you would need VZ Access Manager to use a USB modem. Here is a link to the system requirements for VZ Access Manager. If you are eligible for upgrade you can get a wireless hotspot device and use that wirelessly with your tablet. 

0 Likes