NOTIFICATION APP : For Droid X --- Handcent !
B33
Legend

I decited to take the plung an get a notificatin app: i chose the Handcent app For sms. for my droid X. i got it downloaded an went into were u set the notications  ringer > vibrate > then the led light. i left the ringer as is an i set up the vibrater an pattern for it an then i chose the color an flash speed. then when done i hit the home button an wanted to test it. so i sent a sms msg from my D inc. to my X an the ringtone worked an the Vibrate an the pattern i set worked as it should. But no led flash at all.  sooo  i'm alittle stumped an could use some help. Please!

1. what do i need to enable  to get the led indicator to work properly an do i need to disable something for this to work also

2.is it possible to set a different Color flash for each individual mail msging , Yahoo , Gmail , Etc. an how do you do this an when

setting this up what do i need to do to enable for this to work . an do need to disable something  to make this work properly.

3.An can you provide step by step instructions so it makes it alittle easier. for me to set this up so it works properly

4. is there some settings in handcent that won't work with the Droid X

5. if the led notication only works for sms msging from handcent only.  is there a better notification app that would serve for all msging puposes like. Yahoo , Gmail , sms , or notify you of a missed call. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks. DincX110  Ra

0 Likes
Re: NOTIFICATION APP : For Droid X --- Handcent !
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

DincX110 wrote:

I decited to take the plung an get a notificatin app: i chose the Handcent app For sms. for my droid X. i got it downloaded an went into were u set the notications  ringer > vibrate > then the led light. i left the ringer as is an i set up the vibrater an pattern for it an then i chose the color an flash speed. then when done i hit the home button an wanted to test it. so i sent a sms msg from my D inc. to my X an the ringtone worked an the Vibrate an the pattern i set worked as it should. But no led flash at all.  sooo  i'm alittle stumped an could use some help. Please!

1. what do i need to enable  to get the led indicator to work properly an do i need to disable something for this to work also Make sure ALL the options in the stock messaging app are OFF or DISABLED as the 2 apps will conflict with each other. Also, go to Settings -- Applications -- Manage Apps -- Select Handcent, and clear the cache.

2.is it possible to set a different Color flash for each individual mail msging , Yahoo , Gmail , Etc. an how do you do this an when

setting this up what do i need to do to enable for this to work . an do need to disable something  to make this work properly. Handcent only covers text and MMS, you can get an app such as LightFlow to customize other notifications.

3.An can you provide step by step instructions so it makes it alittle easier. for me to set this up so it works properly

4. is there some settings in handcent that won't work with the Droid X Not that I've encountered.

5. if the led notication only works for sms msging from handcent only.  is there a better notification app that would serve for all msging puposes like. Yahoo , Gmail , sms , or notify you of a missed call. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Handcent is actually called "Handcent SMS" - it is not a notification app, it is a text messaging app. So naturally, only the SMS and MMS notifications are covered under this. My mention of LightFlow above would be your solution for other notifications.

thanks. DincX110  Ra

0 Likes
Re: NOTIFICATION APP : For Droid X --- Handcent !
B33
Legend

@ vereye thanks for the info. we'll give it a try.

0 Likes