Data Roaming???
PoorJesse

Got a yield shield in the notification area recently that said that Data Roaming was off.  I guess it was telling me to turn it on.  However, when I turn it on, I get a "scarry message" stating that I may incur SIGNIFICANT additional charges.  I have a nation wide unlimited data plan.  Does that message apply to me?  How can I tell by looking at my online account (can I tell that way)?

Jesse

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Data Roaming???
Cody21
Master - Level 2

I don't think you have anything to worry about with the plan you have (same as mine). Where Roaming really becomes an issue is largely for foreign travel or w/o the Nationwide plan (where you might end up on another carrier's cell system, ala AT&T). You can see the Roaming "rates" on the verizon web site ... very expensive in other countries. But again, for here in the US, non-issue as I understand it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Data Roaming???
Cody21
Master - Level 2

I don't think you have anything to worry about with the plan you have (same as mine). Where Roaming really becomes an issue is largely for foreign travel or w/o the Nationwide plan (where you might end up on another carrier's cell system, ala AT&T). You can see the Roaming "rates" on the verizon web site ... very expensive in other countries. But again, for here in the US, non-issue as I understand it.

0 Likes