Facebook app not working since new update
annebonny

Ever since I installed the new update for the phone about 2 weeks ago my FB app won't work anymore. It pops up with an error message. It's the FB app that came with the phone. I can still access everything else. I'm also having more trouble with my advanced task killer since the update. Everytime I open it theres a ton of apps running that I haven't touched so I switched my settings to the "crazy" auto-kill level but it's still not working. Help please...

0 Likes
Re: Facebook app not working since new update
acidcool666

For Facebook,  search the market for Facebook for Android.  This is the updated version of the stock Facebook.  It will save over the Facebook app that is currently installed(it won't erase your data) plus this will alert you when there are new app updates.

For your tasktiller, Froyo has a decent task killer built in.  There are always small tasks that happen in the background for different apps.  I find that my battery lasts a little longer after I uninstall advanced task killer.

I hope this helped. Have a good day.

0 Likes
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
DELETE YOUR TASK KILLER WITH 2.2
0 Likes
sweetmomma1009

fb app not working since new update.. whats going on

0 Likes
sweetmomma1009
0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello,

Please uninstall, then reinstall the Facebook application. This should resolve the issues for you. To uninstall the app, please select Menu-->Settings-->Applications-->Manage Applications-->Facebook-->Uninstall.

Once this is completed, please re-install the application and you should have no problem logging back in. 

Please let us know how this works out for you. Have a great weekend!

0 Likes