4G HOTSPOT VS DSL
MWATSON

I AM LOOKING TO CHANGE FROM DSL TO HOTSPOT IS IT COMPARABLE TO DSL AND IS IT RELIABLE.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 4G HOTSPOT VS DSL
Spiral
Master - Level 1

MWATSON wrote:

I AM LOOKING TO CHANGE FROM DSL TO HOTSPOT IS IT COMPARABLE TO DSL AND IS IT RELIABLE.

In my opinion, No. 

My Cable internet costs the same per month ($20) as the Hotspot service and unlike Hotspot which has a 2GB data cap, my Cable internet is unlimited.  There are many days we download more than 2GB in a few hours, much less per month with my laptop and Desktop PC's. 

As far as 4G reliablity, I do not have personal experience but if the feedback on this forum is any indicator, I would not want to rely on 4G Hotspot as it is now.  I do expect it to improve but it does not appear to be reliable yet. 

For me, Hotspot will be a nice travel tool to replace tethering.  I look forward to the capability on the new Blackberry 9930.

0 Likes
Re: 4G HOTSPOT VS DSL
DaisyP_VZW
Verizon Employee

OP/ Thank you Spiral for your reply. Additionally I would like to add you can review current Mobile Broadband plans using the following link. If you have questions whether 4G is offered in your area please feel free to visit us here.

0 Likes