Backup assistant password
tmurray5178

I am upgrading from an LG to an iPhone 4.  Activation went fine, and I have downloaded the Backup Assistant transfer app.  From my old LG, I performed a backup of my contacts.  I wasn't asked for a password, it seems to have been saved and automatically entered.  The problem is that from the iPhone, I can't log in.  I've tried all my old passwords I can think of.  How do I recover or reset the password so I can get my contacts to download to the iPhone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Backup assistant password
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello tmurray5178,

Congrats on upgrading your device! I'm sure you will love all the features that the Iphone 4 has to offer. May I ask have you downloaded the VZ Contact Transfer app onto your Iphone 4? If not, then I would recommend that you do so. This is the app that equivalent to backup assistant.

Once you have downloaded the app, launch the app to begin restoring your contacts. Press Next at the top right hand side of the screen to accept the terms & conditions. On the next screen you want to enter your mobile number that you want the contacts restored from & press OK. Once you have done so, you will receive a text with your access code. You want to enter the access code, usually 8-digits long, when prompted to restore your contacts to your Iphone 4. The process takes about 2-10 minutes, depending on how many contacts you have.

Enjoy your new device. 

0 Likes