Retrieving Text Messages
utdetorres
Enthusiast - Level 1

I lost my phone.  Is there any way to check for new text messages from my PC until I have a chance to replace my phone?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Retrieving Text Messages
spottedcatfish
Champion - Level 3

No, the only thing you can see online is a list of the numbers messages came from/went to and the date and time.  If your missing phone is not on, Verizon will hold incoming messages on their servers and continue trying to deliver them for a few days, so if you activate a new phone quickly, you may not lose many messages.  After a few days though, they will be deleted from Verizon's servers.

If your currently active phone is turned on and can recieve the messages, they will be delivered there, and the only way to access them will be through that phone.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Retrieving Text Messages
spottedcatfish
Champion - Level 3

No, the only thing you can see online is a list of the numbers messages came from/went to and the date and time.  If your missing phone is not on, Verizon will hold incoming messages on their servers and continue trying to deliver them for a few days, so if you activate a new phone quickly, you may not lose many messages.  After a few days though, they will be deleted from Verizon's servers.

If your currently active phone is turned on and can recieve the messages, they will be delivered there, and the only way to access them will be through that phone.

0 Likes