Texts not coming thru
Showmoor

I am a member of "my coke rewards" where you enter codes for stuff. When you enter (text) a code it replies back to you on your cell phone. it used to work fine but in the last two months it won't respond back. Coke people looked into it and could find nothing wrong on their end. So wht is it not returning my texts? Also, i attempted to download ringtones and Verizon is blocking them from coming thru. What is up with that? Thank you 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Texts not coming thru
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

Showmoor wrote:

I am a member of "my coke rewards" where you enter codes for stuff. When you enter (text) a code it replies back to you on your cell phone. it used to work fine but in the last two months it won't respond back. Coke people looked into it and could find nothing wrong on their end. So wht is it not returning my texts? Also, i attempted to download ringtones and Verizon is blocking them from coming thru. What is up with that? Thank you 

Thank you for your inquiry Showmoor. Adding to what was stated in trying to address your concern, just because you are able to send text does not mean you would be able to receive them. The codes often used are either four to five digits that can be considered Premium text messaging.  I suggest checking to make sure no Premium texting block is on your line. If so, you may have to remove that type of a block to try and resume getting the messages. Also, I went to my coke rewards website and it gives the steps for registering. Please refer their website follow there steps to make sure your number is registered to receives their text messages. If you are registered, make sure they have your correct information. I would caution you to review any terms and conditions for use. You maybe charged for special services related to Premium text messaging that requires you to opt in and accept the charges for such service that would be on your wireless bill. Also, double check to make sure no data blocks are on the line hindering the ringtone downloads. The blocks can disabled on My Verizon. For more information, I am giving you two links below on Premium text messaging and disabling data blocks:

http://support.vzw.com/clc/faqs/Premium_TXT_and_MMS/faq_premium_txt_and_mms.html?grp=1&faq=1

http://supportsearch.vzw.com/?q=data+block&do=support

Lastly, the MP3 file may have been removed because of the size of what was being sent to you. Check on and then remove these blocks and retry what your wanting to do on your line. I hope this helps your concerns.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

It almost sounds like you've got a data block or spam controls on your line.

Are you the primary line on the account?

Try logging on to My Verizon and see if you've got any type of block or spam control on your line. These are usually the things stopping the non-ten digit numbers from texting

0 Likes
Showmoor

I have no trouble sending texts, it is just not receiving them from Coke and also blocking my ringtones. I have no blocks on my phone and i am the admin of it. 

0 Likes
Showmoor

When a ringtone attempts to come thru it states "Attachment xxxxxx.mp3 removed"

0 Likes
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

Showmoor wrote:

Thank you for your inquiry Showmoor. Adding to what was stated in trying to address your concern, just because you are able to send text does not mean you would be able to receive them. The codes often used are either four to five digits that can be considered Premium text messaging.  I suggest checking to make sure no Premium texting block is on your line. If so, you may have to remove that type of a block to try and resume getting the messages. Also, I went to my coke rewards website and it gives the steps for registering. Please refer their website follow there steps to make sure your number is registered to receives their text messages. If you are registered, make sure they have your correct information. I would caution you to review any terms and conditions for use. You maybe charged for special services related to Premium text messaging that requires you to opt in and accept the charges for such service that would be on your wireless bill. Also, double check to make sure no data blocks are on the line hindering the ringtone downloads. The blocks can disabled on My Verizon. For more information, I am giving you two links below on Premium text messaging and disabling data blocks:

http://support.vzw.com/clc/faqs/Premium_TXT_and_MMS/faq_premium_txt_and_mms.html?grp=1&faq=1

http://supportsearch.vzw.com/?q=data+block&do=support

Lastly, the MP3 file may have been removed because of the size of what was being sent to you. Check on and then remove these blocks and retry what your wanting to do on your line. I hope this helps your concerns.

0 Likes